Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pass irish

• 12-06-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

does anyone have any ideas as to what might comeup...in paper 1 or paper2:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Well, Im just gonna know the classic 'friend had an accident' sceal and the 'I was on holidays' litir. I'll twist them if I have to to fit the question (Using my shockingly poor grasp of the aul' gaeilge)

No idea for paper 2. My aim is to pass Irish, not counting it so I just want 40% nothing more, nothing less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Hoping Gealt comes up, I'd say Níl Aon Ní will as it hasn't been up in a while (I think). Not really sure though but luckily there's choice so we should be fine. Scéal and litir wise, i'm going to write something about a job/lotto if I can and keep using phrases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

for paper 1, I have learned:
    a fire in my house
    a football game
    a concert

each one ends up with me breaking my hand and I end up in hospital, great way to lengthen your story and get phrases in such as "scread me in ard mo chinn is mo ghutha"

paper 2:
    learn key words for each such as
    "achaini",
    "bas agus dia",
    "craite",
    "meas",
    "dioltas"
    "glic" <important for cearrbhach and puca
    cliste
    ag fulaignt < for the majority of poetry and also for claire so speir

i know cearrbhach, lig sinn and clair so speir very well
    I have never studied fiche blian in my life so if that comes up i wont be doing it!
    as for an bhean og, i kind of remember it from 3rd year, but ill make it up!!

Advertisement