Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes and nightclubs in Limerick

Options
  • 12-06-2010 9:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hittin out in the big smoke tonight lads, quick question - is it ok to wear runners or will bouncers have a reason to turn me away? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Eh, Dublin is De Big Schmoke.

I wouldn't risk wearing runners, it's just a silly excuse for a bad bouncer to refuse you.
    Maximize your chances: wear shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i wore runners last night, walked straight into angel lane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Eh, Dublin is De Big Schmoke.

I wouldn't risk wearing runners, it's just a silly excuse for a bad bouncer to refuse you.
    Maximize your chances: wear shoes!
    dave 27 wrote: »

Super super. Well there is a fair amount of arsehole bouncers in Limerick allright. Thing is shoes don't go with what I'm wearing, gonna take a chance on the runners and Angel Lane. I have id, im nearly 30, Id say i'll be ok.

Then again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I never wear shoes out in town. A pair of dark runners more than suffices.
    If a bouncer doesn't want to let you in, he'll come up with some excuse, he might say "no tackies" but if you were wearing shoes he would just say "too much drink".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I wear tackies out on town every week and never have had anything said to me, although last week in trinity the bouncer siad to me "jesus your dressed very casual for a nightclub" then the other bouncer turned to him and said "sure what do you know about fashion?" was very funny he didnt know what to say haha and I walked straight in haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yummymummy2

dave 27 wrote: »

ya but did you get a woman?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Th days of shoes to get into a club are long gone, i have a pair of white K-swiss I wear all the time going out and have never had a problem, as long as you're not wearing a tracksuit or something you'll be fine, wearing "tackies" only makes you look like a scummer if you're actually a scummer, same as tracksuits, although those ****ers have ruined 3 stripe Adidas pants forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was out on Friday night and got stopped at Angel Lane for wearing Reefs!!!!
    Apparently open toed shoes/sandals are a health and safety hazard in a nightclub due to the dangers of broken glass......
    So when I asked about the ladies in open toe high heels, and the masses of gladiator style sandals that were being admitted into the dangerous glass strewn nightclub, I was told thats our policy!
    It was my 1st time being stopped in a club in Limerick for 14yrs.......and at least the last time I was underage!!!
    Its the last time I'll be going there..... If you're going to have a policy regarding open toed shoes at least make it consistent....I.E ladies should wear Doc's too! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

banie01 wrote: »
    I was out on Friday night and got stopped at Angel Lane for wearing Reefs!!!!
    Apparently open toed shoes/sandals are a health and safety hazard in a nightclub due to the dangers of broken glass......
    So when I asked about the ladies in open toe high heels, and the masses of gladiator style sandals that were being admitted into the dangerous glass strewn nightclub, I was told thats our policy!
    It was my 1st time being stopped in a club in Limerick for 14yrs.......and at least the last time I was underage!!!
    Its the last time I'll be going there..... If you're going to have a policy regarding open toed shoes at least make it consistent....I.E ladies should wear Doc's too! :-P

In fairness, reefs/tongs are banned from almost all night clubs. They are very strict on it in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Im going off topic now but I was only ever stopped once in my life and that was going into Angel Lane for being too old on a student night, even though it was holiday term time and im below 30, and even look younger. Was dressed up respectfully as it was a Christmas night out. I caused such a uproar, a bouncer spat at me. NEVER AGAIN! :mad:
    so its not just the guys who get the abuse at the door. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    In fairness, reefs/tongs are banned from almost all night clubs. They are very strict on it in Australia.

Ooooh My mistake then......I didn't realise Angel Lane was in Melbourne ;)

My point is that stopping a man for wearing open toed sandals using Health/Safety and broken glass hazard as a caveat for the stop is a bit hypocritical/sexist when the club is full of Women in open toed shoes/heels(Heels in particular are a trip/fall hazard), I'm all for clubs having a door policy but the implementation of that policy is what counts.....Consistency!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I caused such a uproar, a bouncer spat at me. NEVER AGAIN! :mad:

:eek: Is that out on DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

FearDark wrote: »
    Super super. Well there is a fair amount of arsehole bouncers in Limerick allright. Thing is shoes don't go with what I'm wearing, gonna take a chance on the runners and Angel Lane. I have id, im nearly 30, Id say i'll be ok.

So you were going to wear a tracksuit :confused:

Advertisement