Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is buying a more powerful battery worth it

• 12-06-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭

i have a hero. and the battery seems to run down very quickly.

the battery in the phone is 1350mah

would it be worth it buying a 1550mah battery.

would it make much difference in the time that the battery lasting

brian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Depends on the manufacturer and model of the battery... Time available varies wildly even between batteries with the same rating. Look for reviews of the battery in Android websites or forums before buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I bought a 3000mAh battery on Amazon. A bit bulky (it comes with a new back for the phone), but it's great knowing I could just about get 2 days out of the phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Do many of you carry a second battery all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

i carry a second battery,i get about 4 hours 50mins internet time on my htc g1,its not THAT much of a hassle but really shouldn't be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Its seems to be how you first charge the battery that sets how long your going to get out of it, I have a Hero and I get two days of life out of a single charge, thats with browsing regularly over Wifi and 3G and texting, when I first charge a new battery i charge it for about 16/20 hours, I do this for the first few charges, then gradually bring down the time I charge to the standard time (3 hours), have done that for every phone I've had in the past few years and get great life out of them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

stackeye wrote: »
    Its seems to be how you first charge the battery that sets how long your going to get out of it, I have a Hero and I get two days of life out of a single charge, thats with browsing regularly over Wifi and 3G and texting, when I first charge a new battery i charge it for about 16/20 hours, I do this for the first few charges, then gradually bring down the time I charge to the standard time (3 hours), have done that for every phone I've had in the past few years and get great life out of them,

That's true for older battery technology, but not necessary for lithium ion batteries. They have full capacity available when you buy them.

A full discharge/charge cycle can help calibrate the battery, but this is only needed if it's malfunctioning.

Watch out for third party batteries, especially the 'extended' ones offered by Seidio and Mugen. They currently sell 1600mAh batteries for the Desire/Nexus One, but they're poor quality and actually have less capacity than the 1400mAh battery that comes with the phone.

Your best bet is to wait for HTC to make an extended battery, or just buy a second battery.

Advertisement