Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Music Essay?

• 12-06-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

my teacher never covered this with us, does anyone have links to notes or predictions on which topics are likely to come up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

BUMP-can anyone help with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Goodness knows what it'll be

Perhaps learn regional styles, sean nos, influence on north america, stuff like that. Its easy enough, you need musical examples more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Ya see can you get notes on sean nos and irish dances on google?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fionaxoxox

I hate the fact I have to wait so long to do it! Loads of my friends are completely finished...:(

We've done irish dances, song styles, Music collection and fusion.

Fionaxoxox wrote: »
    I hate the fact I have to wait so long to do it! Loads of my friends are completely finished...:( .

Exact same with me, it's a macho bitch!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I dont mind the wait, more time to guarentee my A1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Just making sure, whats everyone studying, features of the set works, keys, time sig + irish essay stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/GlenHansard/Music.jpg

I have too much time on my hands and not enough revision done, so I made out a grid of all the essays that have come up, from 1999 to 2009 left to right, it should be of some help. (One correction, Uillleann Pipes came up in 2002)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 angel93

http://motivatednotes.com/leaving-cert/music/

this website has very good notes on 11 topics that could come up including sean nos, harping tradition, song tradition, sean o riada, collectors of irish music etc.

just type in the above url and go to the music topics section

and dont worry too much about the essay its only worth 2.5% and you will pick up some marks for writing anything down once its some way related to the topic

NR wrote: »
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/GlenHansard/Music.jpg

I have too much time on my hands and not enough revision done, so I made out a grid of all the essays that have come up, from 1999 to 2009 left to right, it should be of some help. (One correction, Uillleann Pipes came up in 2002)

Eavan Boland! Ahahahahaha!!!:D Fúcking nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I'm not even going to bother with the essay. It's only worth 2.5% of your overall mark, and as it is probably the most amount of learning needed for the exam and yields one of the smallest amount of marks for a question (a measly 10) I just don't think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

I'm not even going to bother with the essay. It's only worth 2.5% of your overall mark, and as it is probably the most amount of learning needed for the exam and yields one of the smallest amount of marks for a question (a measly 10) I just don't think it's worth it.

But the problem I find with music is that everything is worth only tiny little marks on the Listening paper, so you think nothing of leaving a few bits out, but they all end up piling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Ah no I'm doing everything else like :p Might struggle with the irish music section as a whole, but everything else I'll be ok for, I hope :o

Advertisement