Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q's on filling out a small claims form

Options
  • 12-06-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Bought an item off a supplier in Cobh, Co. Cork, which i returned to get fixed and haven't got it back in over 2 months. Apparently it's in Dublin with their manufacturer or something.

Just have a few basic questions on filling out the form:

1) For 'District Court Area' do I just put in Cork

2) For 'District No.' do I put in 021 as in the area number or does each office have a specific number?

3) For 'Amount of Claim' can I only put in what I specifically paid for the item or can I also include costs incurred since. E.g. cost of sending the supplier a registered letter, cost of small claims fee.
    I presume I can't put a cost on time wasted, mobile phone calls and collecting and sending back the item.

4) Along with a description of the particulars and copy of the items invoice, will a copy of the registered letter and copy of the AN POST receipt be sufficient?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The court registrar will aid you in filling out the details on the form, just call in to them with all your info and they can help you get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sparky J

Thanks for reply.

For anyone interested:
    It turns out that expenses incurred such as registered letter, small claims fee, etc. cannot be included in claim.

Advertisement