Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott Pilgrim game

Options
  • 12-06-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

Here's the trailer.
    Dunno if any of you are fans of the comic or aware of the film that is coming out in a couple of months but they're making a nice looking brawler to coincide with it. Now, I'm aware that games that accompany films are practically guaranteed to be god-awful shíte but this could be decent for a few reasons.

First of all its animated by Paul Robertson, an animator that creates horrible imaginative depictions in a not too dissimilar mold as the metal slug series (note: this video is not of a game)

Second of all, its being released on the playstation network and (at a later date) x-box live so its a small budget thing that is being independently made so that it shouldn't be just an awful tie-in cash cow. Its hardly going to offer a great deal of depth but should hopefully be something enjoyable that you can burn a couple of hours to over a few beers with some mates, ala castle crashers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heh just posted the same thing here :)

Looks good alright. Scott Pilgrim is such geeky fun, seems like the game will fit in with that nerdy spirit for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ordered the first 5 books of Amazon today, been one of those things I go "Hrm I should really get that....." but never did. The trailer made me want to get them, any 4 person sidescroller is gravy in my books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Heh just posted the same thing here :)

Looks good alright. Scott Pilgrim is such geeky fun, seems like the game will fit in with that nerdy spirit for sure.

Sorry man, did a quick check to see if any threads about the game had been posted, just saw mentions about the comic and the film and made a false presumption i guess! :o

Aye, the game does look nice and nerdy, seems chock full of references of the comic so that fans will be kept happy. Plus all the sprites look great. I like the way all the characters explode into change when defeated, nice touch that!

The books are enjoyable, Its not Shakespeare or anything but the characters are pretty enthralling and you'll read through em all in no time. The 6th is out in a couple of months too i think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry man, did a quick check to see if any threads about the game had been posted, just saw mentions about the comic and the film and made a false presumption i guess! :o

Aye, the game does look nice and nerdy, seems chock full of references of the comic so that fans will be kept happy. Plus all the sprites look great. I like the way all the characters explode into change when defeated, nice touch that!

The books are enjoyable, Its not Shakespeare or anything but the characters are pretty enthralling and you'll read through em all in no time. The 6th is out in a couple of months too i think.

Well we posted at the exact same time and the retro thread wasn't directly related to the game anyway! Will get more traffic here anyway :P

Books are indeed good fun, it's light hearted and you can read one of them in around an hour easy. It's a change of pace from the usual comic fare, plus really is fun just spotting the game references. Sixth book should be out just before the film hopefully (film has its own ending because O'Malley hadn't finished the sixth book at the point it began filming).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Me: Check this out, it's by Paul Robertson. Scott Pilgrim game.
    Friend: Oh, that looks nice. Wish he'd finally make a game out of his videos though.
    Me: ... this IS a game.
    Friend: :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement