Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike hire in Shannon

• 12-06-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Anyone know of bike hire in Shannon? So many websites seem to be out of date. Most of these places seem to only have hybrids(yuck!!) or small touring bikes. Does anyone know of a place that would rent a 62 or 64 cm?

thanks
    bill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

maybe give the guys in Planet-Tri a call in Killaloe - I *think* they are renting out road bikes but not a 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 40 the_doctor

anoble66 wrote: »
    maybe give the guys in Planet-Tri a call in Killaloe - I *think* they are renting out road bikes but not a 100%

I might give them a call. We will see. I am looking for something closer. I would like to have a touring set up. They are selling Triathlon bikes. Plus, their prices are actually reasonable for a full kitting. The price for the Fuji Carbon, wetsuit, pedals, shoes, and such seems comparable to the prices here. I'm not sure which group level you get with the Fuji.

I'm looking for 62-64 cm touring frame for rent.

Seems awful hard.

thanks
    bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

the_doctor wrote: »
    I might give them a call. We will see. I am looking for something closer. I would like to have a touring set up. They are selling Triathlon bikes. Plus, their prices are actually reasonable for a full kitting. The price for the Fuji Carbon, wetsuit, pedals, shoes, and such seems comparable to the prices here. I'm not sure which group level you get with the Fuji.

I'm looking for 62-64 cm touring frame for rent.

Seems awful hard.

thanks
    bill

I'm originally from that neck of the woods, can't think of anyone in the area hiring bikes from the airport, and a touring/road bike could be very hard to come by. There's a very good local bike shop in Ennis called Tierney's, I don't know if they hire out bikes but they would know if anyone in the area does.

Actually, when I googled Tierney's just now to get their number I got this link: http://www.clarebikehire.com/
    Looks as though Tierney's operate the service themselves. You might have to get as far as Ennis but there are frequent buses and it's only 20 minutes from the airport.

And Tierney's number is +353 (0)65 6829433

Happy Trails.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kevvhayes

was in tierneys at the weekend and they have a sign outside the shop saying that they rent bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

anoble66 wrote: »

Hey was looking through this thread, and saw the advice for Planet-tri, was gonna be in the area for the week so called in to try and get a bike for the a few days, its a great little store, but just wanted to confirm here they do do bike hire.
    As a side note if interested they also do wetsuit hire, and they have a deal where if you decide to buy a wetsuit after renting one they deduct the cost (not sure on the specifics, as i didnt need one!) but still seemed pretty decent of them.
    So to summarise, thanks to Anoble66 for the advice and for my part confirmation of bike rental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭carthoris

Perrin2040 wrote: »
    Hey was looking through this thread, and saw the advice for Planet-tri, was gonna be in the area for the week so called in to try and get a bike for the a few days, its a great little store, but just wanted to confirm here they do do bike hire.

Out of curiosity can you tell us what type of bikes do they hire out ? Road/Tri/Hybrid etc ? And perhaps an indication of price ?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

carthoris wrote: »
    Out of curiosity can you tell us what type of bikes do they hire out ? Road/Tri/Hybrid etc ? And perhaps an indication of price ?

Thanks,

Hey ehm, they seem to have mainly mountain bike for men, and i think a hybrid or two maybe, and road/hybrid bikes for women. I only rented one for the day, but i got the following full price list from their website:

• 1 day hire €20 deposit €100
    • 5 day hire €80 deposit €100
    • 7 day Hire €100 deposit €100
    • Helmet hire €2 per day.
    • All bikes are supplied with locks carriers and stands.
    Keep in mind though that what i saw was obviously just what was there that day, id advise you to ring them up and tell them what you need the bike for (hilly climbs, round the lake, long distance, that kind of thing) and see if they have anything that would suit your needs.

Im not sure if you can post numbers on here, so if not can the mods please delete this, (il try check it out later myself and edit the post if this is the case) but the number is:

061-622-062

Or you can google them to get the website, just make sure you google for planet-tri (NOT Tri-planet, which is apparently a boot-camp for triathaletes and caused me some :o when i dialled the wrong number!)

Hope this helps

Advertisement