Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litir for OL Irish

• 12-06-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Right so, in order to get more time to study for Maths I'm going to have to drop on the day from higher to ordinary level, and I'm just wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of the layout for the letter?

And does anyone have any of those openings/conclusions that you can memorise for any letter? It might be alot to ask for people to type those up, but if you did I'd really really appreciate it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eluminous

omg yez! i ned dis 2!

i hafta drop dwn nd wud reeeely b thnkful if som1 cud post der openings nd endings.

xx tnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

yeah i have them from a grind ill type them up

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eluminous

thx lucy!!! your awesome!!!! :D

Your address
    Date

A [name], a chara,
    Conas atá tú? etc

[Body of your letter.]

Slán go foil,
    [Name]

That's your layout.

Opening:

A Aíne, a chara,

Conas atá tú? Bhí áthas orm do litir a fháíl cúpla seachtain ó shin. Tá brón orm nár scríobh me níos luaithe ach bhí sé i gceist agam é a dhéanamh. Bhí me an ghnóthach le déanaí agus ní raibh an tam agam scríobh chugat. Conas atá an chlann agus gach duine sa bhaile? Bhí gach duine ag cur ar do thuairisce.

Ending:

Bhuel is gá dom imeacht anois. Ní fhanfaidh mé chomh fada le scríobh arís. Abair haigh le gach duine agus táim ag tnúth le cloisteaíl uait go luath.

Ná caill orm agus bí curamach

Do chara

Lucy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

To both of the above posters, thank you very very much =D

no probs! good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Also you don't need half as much information.. 2-3 basic paragraphs will do just fine.. :)

Advertisement