Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples Photography 2010 - NB deadline for payment is 15th July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

DarrenG wrote: »
    Instead of going to a pub/restaurant for food on Saturday we are going to have a picnic in St Stephens Green. All are very welcome to come along. Let's hope the weather is kind to us.

So bring your nummy nibbles and do feel free to share :o! I can't cook a stitch myself so shouldnt say much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

OK, here's a potentially ridiculous question. Does anyone know how many vertical railings are allocated to each space? Yes, I am anal enough to work out my hanging plan ahead of time...I don't want to get up any earlier than I have to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

This will give you an idea. You might be able to count the railings from the top

4848476C461C40BB8F7FC34EC40FF650-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

So what's the story with the picnic Darren, one for all, or all for one?

Make/buy our own grub or shall we try bring extra?

Bring enough for yourself and if you feel like sharing bring some extra ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

What time do we go home/finish the PP?
    What time does the Green stay open until?

I think I will be heading to the bottom of Grafton Street to The Porterhouse for food and beer if anybody wants to join us.

Found it:

Gardens Close: According to daylight hours

Still no beer though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Getting close to "squeaky bum time" now, how are everyone's preparations going? ;)

Terrible

• Advertisement

How come Darren, anything any of us can help with?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

For once I don't think I will be starting mounting at 10pm Friday night.

Got my prints sorted, frames and two days left to mount.... Hmmm probably will be mounting Friday night at 10 then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I wanna go, I wanna go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Morning!
    BC017560D90C49F4A675F49E5A7C99C2-0000316428-0001876564-00800L-3C56E87574A540C99289055C0A0E47F9.jpg

Had one of my junkie neighbours hollering in to me at 6am, my car was next to this tow truck set on fire(not the blue one!), luckily it escaped any damage!, yer man who owned this truck also had his SUV burned out, too obvious for an insurance job? Cops stayed til both shells were taken away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Em, AR, did you mean to post that to the Random thread or the PP2010 thread, good shot though!

Arciphel wrote: »
    Getting close to "squeaky bum time" now, how are everyone's preparations going? ;)

You said it!

I think I'm fairly sorted print wise. Have 13 Mounted prints, 1 Framed triptych and 1 framed print. Aside from that I have about 8-9 unmounted prints I may bring along.

Have my string, pegs, blutack. Some fairly basic biz cards. I *think* I ready, but boy are the nerves kicking in for this first timer.

• Advertisement

I have a ton of mounted prints from two years of camera club, and a load more I have printed up in the last few weeks. I'm gonna have a broken back lugging them all down on Saturday! Looking forward to meeting everyone and putting faces to names for once...

Just finished mounting, will get the bags on Sat Morn.

Now to write a list of what I need to bring on Sat......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have 20*16 self sealing bags if anyone is stuck

stcstc wrote: »
    i have 20*16 self sealing bags if anyone is stuck

I decided not to go with bags because of the reflections. I hope I don't live to regret that decision...

my situation has been upgraded from terrible to happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

DarrenG wrote: »
    my situation has been upgraded from terrible to happy

Glad to hear the good news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i'm all printed and mounted [ooh matron!! :p]

now - do i wrap these puppies in plastic or not?

eileen dunne on the radio earlier reckons it'll be a grand weekend but i never trust irish weather reports...i usually find they pick random weather terms out of a tombola 5 mins before air :p

artyeva wrote: »
    i'm all printed and mounted [ooh matron!! :p]

now - do i wrap these puppies in plastic or not?

eileen dunne on the radio earlier reckons it'll be a grand weekend but i never trust irish weather reports...i usually find they pick random weather terms out of a tombola 5 mins before air :p

Well, I trust the forecast from the Weather forum's resident forecaster, M.T. Cranium, a little more than Met Eireann. It looks like it could be a quite windy on Saturday, but we should be sheltered on the East side of the Green. Bring lots of clamps to hold things down!

In his own words:

SATURDAY ... partly cloudy, slight risk of showers in the north, breezy (W to NW 20-30 mph at times) with lows 5-8 C and highs 15-17 C.

SUNDAY ... sunny with cloudy intervals, a very cool start (lows 2-6 C in rural areas), highs 17-19 C, light NW winds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

I decided not to go with bags because of the reflections. I hope I don't live to regret that decision...

I tried the bags before and ended up with condensation on the prints as soon as the sun came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

All prints done and mounted, thanks to Steve, (www.360-dpi.com)

Now to collect last few bits and pieces tonight and should be sorted for the morning.. Hope it stays dry now at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Unfortunately I have to pull out, Ive been sick the past week and my organizational skill have been sorely lacking due to intense headaches. To top it off my PC is being rather unhelpful with frequent crashes and the need for a new hard drive :S

I was looking forward to doing this and displaying my work publicly but Ill have to wait till next time and I hope that you all get good weather :)

Sorry for dropping out and I hope someone can last minute take my space and enjoy it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

also to mention that it would be nice if a forum regular got my place if they had time to prepare ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

So whats everyones must have essentials for bringing tomorrow? Making my lists of things not to forget, chairs, cable ties, mesh etc..

Yeah, i've got the fold-up stool and a few cable ties, some twine and a few clamps and clothes pegs, will that do? Should I bring a porta-potty too? :)

Best of luck to everybody tomorrow. Hoping you are all prepared and not burning the midnight oil (like me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭kittykrazy

Hi all, sorry to do this at the last minute but due to surprise circumstances, I have to drop out. I'm hoping that you can spread out a bit or find a way so that my space doesn't go to waste.

Good luck and hopefully I'll be able to come and have a look.

Well, I finally have everything ready. I hope.

I'm bringing:

- A camera (of course)
    - Prints
    - Plastic sheet for rain protection
    - Chair
    - Clamps
    - Cable-ties
    - Boards to hang prints from
    - Blu-tack
    - Velcro
    - Leatherman tool
    - Hooks
    - Tape measure
    ...and a hammer

See you all in the morning. I can't wait!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

See you all in the morning. I can't wait!

How're we fixed weather wise Sagastipean?

humberklog wrote: »
    How're we fixed weather wise Sagastipean?

The consensus is that we might get a shower or two tomorrow, with a temp of 17-18 degrees, but it should be mostly dry. There is cloud forecast for the north and sunny breaks for the south, so there's some chance of sun. Sunday is looking much better, with only the slight risk of a shower in the north, and more sunshine.

I'm fairly optimistic it will be better than that. Probably a bit like today. In any case, we can't complain given the weather we've had for the last two months. It could be much worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

kittykrazy wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry to do this at the last minute but due to surprise circumstances, I have to drop out. I'm hoping that you can spread out a bit or find a way so that my space doesn't go to waste.

Good luck and hopefully I'll be able to come and have a look.

Sorry to hear. Was looking forward to meeting you again. Hope it's a nice surprise you had and have a lovely weekend nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

BEst of luck to all tomorrow!! Hope its a great day out for everyone!

Good day today, looking forward to tomorrow... Mrs Covey's scones were the high point of the day, yum yum. :)

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Arciphel/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]4934642966_c3c2d2c606_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

4935077559_d1fa709433_z.jpg
    DSC_9175 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    Nice to meet up with some Boardies, nice display of excellent photos

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crunchynut

Had a good time today...no sales...oh well....back for more tomorrow!!
    Oh I'm on the right....:)

image05.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Knackered!

Survived day I, had a brilliant time! Lovely people, good craic, nice food, and sunshine!

Onto tomorrow for another day and hopefully will sell a print!

125798.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Dropped by today, I thought there were noticeably less exhibitors this year.

Thought there was the usual mix of the poor, the good and the really excellent.

As ever, it made me want to do it next year. I've never got around to organising myself though.

What's the general feedback?

It was a fantastic weekend. Great weather, great people, and I sold a few prints. It was great to meet everyone!

Ok, my feedback as a first timer was, that was effing great. Great people, good laugh, can hardly wait till next year!

Did I mention, great people? Because they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

4939460512_3bac75dec1_z.jpg
    PeoplesPhotography1 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    Well done to all who took part, glad the weather was kind to you all.

great weekend altogether, really well organised [thanks darreng, kjt et al] wasn't at all what i was expecting - more fun actually and well worth the journey. 'twas great to put faces to user names and meet a few more of ye. didn't make it for the beers afterwards, we went for food and then the sunstroke kinda set in :o

well actually my head now looks more this colour : :mad: !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Great weekend and thanks for the great company all. Great to meet all the "old folk" and many of the new too. Terrific to see Valentia there in all his glory, he would have been so proud.

All I have to show is a snap of the Artist formerly known as Humberklog and his Da.

Thanks all again, great weekend. T.

20100829232849_me-and-me-da.jpg

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    All I have to show is a snap of the Artist formerly known as Humberklog and his Da.

sing it with me now -

''Who's the cat that won't cop out
    When there's danger all about?
    SHAFT!''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Was great seeing the old gang yesterday. Well done to all those who took part. Super display :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i really enjoyed it

knackered now though

was good to see so many old and new faces and meet people from the virtual world again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Brilliant weekend apart from my new camera committing suicide!
    The thing I didn't like was there were too many people walking by.
    I was taking a photo of my display when out of nowhere this lot walked into the frame - ruined the whole shot! :D

7A35F78979E3494AA08AC65B99343763-0000320339-0001880131-00800L-9AA57CF44D104E57BDDF4C94A9F11A45.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement