Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pool/swimming costume

• 12-06-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

HELP!!! I have been given a surprise present of a cruise :D IN THREE WEEKS!:eek: :eek: Not been on any sort of holiday for 10 years, therefore have NO COSTUME!!! Have a bit of tummy left over from an op last year, so need something that will hold in (quite firmly) the wobbly bit.

I am not too keen on exposing any part of my body really, but I must. Anyone here got a jelly belly and found something they can recommend?? Am going into Dublin on Thursday, so you can all wrack your brains - thanks in advance :D Oh yes, won't be doing much actual swimming if I can help it, more lounging, I hope!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

try Brown thomas or debanhams, pricey but they will be worth it. Try a one piece (in a block colour) with a crossover type neckline. ENjoy the cruise x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

What I'm gonna describe sounds as though it'd emphasize a large stomach but I assure you it hid mine wonderfully!

In Dunnes, I got a leopard print one piece for 12 euro. It has a support thing for the chest which is great, and it REALLY sucks in the stomach. Mine was flat in it, and I've got a big belly! It's got a little tie and kinda like a ruching detail at the stomach, but it's very subtle and the way it's done, it takes attention away from the stomach/makes it appear smaller. they had it in plain black too, but not in my size at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

Hi There, You could try marks and spencer for their tummy control swimsuits, I have one, they look good and last for ages, also they normally have wraps and bags that match. some thing like this would be good. http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Bodyshaper-Swimsuit/dp/B003C8OIB4?ie=UTF8&qid=1276419813&categoryNodeID=42967030&ref=sr_1_4&page=&node=43169030&sr=1-4&mnSBrand=core&_encoding=UTF8&rh=. enjoy your holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Thanks to all - had a quick look at M+S web site, a few possibles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

As someone with quite a belly myself I'd definitely recommend Debenhams. :) Last summer I bought a black one piece and a a purple two piece tankini set there and both of them provide great support and control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I would strongly recommend dunnes - I have a large chest and am a size 18-20.

I recently got a red swimsuit (€8) and a black one (€12) and I have to say they were brilliant.

Normally you would never see me in a swimsuit but actually felt comfortable in these and thought they were great at slimming and sucking in!

Enjoy the cruise I am very jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Pennys have some halfway decent swimsuits. They're not tight tight so they won't suck you in but they do have rouching all across the tummy going to the side (kinda like a wrap dress style).Very comfy as well.

Also, try Arnotts. Was up there looking at one pieces (got a very nice one in Lepel) and they have quite a few really good ones.

Enjoy your hols :P

Ah thanks folks for all the suggestions. I am really excited about the hols, but dreading peeling my clothes off, ideally I would like a shroud of some sort, or bring back those old fashioned costumes that cover from neck to ankle....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm planning on buying one from For Luna, very expensive but I've had great recommendations! The ruching around the tummy will be flattering and it seems to fall lower on bum than other swimsuits.

I'm planning on buying one from For Luna, very expensive but I've had great recommendations! The ruching around the tummy will be flattering and it seems to fall lower on bum than other swimsuits.

They are all fab, but of the five I like, none are in stock!! :mad: I need it in a fortnight:( Will have to hit the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I bought this swimming dress from Littlewoods I am very seld concious of my body and after putting this on my worries just faded away. It looks so great on. Definately one of my greatest investments. ;)

A001P_SP155_12_DS290?$prodDetailMain$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Pennys have some halfway decent swimsuits. They're not tight tight so they won't suck you in but they do have rouching all across the tummy going to the side (kinda like a wrap dress style).Very comfy as well.

I got one in Penny's and think it's brilliant, rouching hides tummy, it isn't too high cut at leg and wrap style top is very flattering and gives good support. Think it was only around a tenner- so you could buy a couple of different colours.

If i was going on a holiday and didn't feel good about my body I would get a spray tan the day before, it always makes me feel slimmer and more confident. Enjoy :)

Advertisement