Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh dear god..

• 12-06-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I just made out a study plan seeing as I have 7 exams from Monday - Thursday.
    Realised I'm SO screwed for French, only timetabled in about 2 and a half hours in total :( and it's already my weakest subject.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh my God I feel really sorry for you.

Don't stay up late studying - it's just bad bad bad.

You won't forget everything in an exam. Remember, you knew a lot of this stuff well at one time and some of it will come back.

Wow 7 exams. I have only 4 exams next week, but then I have 3 the week after, including one on the 25th - the last day. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

oh no :( im pretty screwed for all my subjects if it makes u feel any better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I've been thinking that for ages. You eventually just stop caring because you feel so screwed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

To be honest, I'd prefer that much more than getting off early.
    I have huge subjects too :( History and Business like. And then HL Irish on top of that.
    I've art history on thursday afternoon so i'm not so stressed about that but up to wednesday i'm terrified

dodgystuff wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd prefer that much more than getting off early.
    I have huge subjects too :( History and Business like. And then HL Irish on top of that.
    I've art history on thursday afternoon so i'm not so stressed about that but up to wednesday i'm terrified

I haven't done a scratch for History.. Took the last 2 days off cause I felt tired :P Feck it :D

I've got..
    History.. Screwed
    Biology.. Fairly screwed
    Business.. Kinda screwed for certain sections
    Economics.. 4 days off before the exam to cram.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    I haven't done a scratch for History.. Took the last 2 days off cause I felt tired :P Feck it :D

I've got..
    History.. Screwed
    Biology.. Fairly screwed

I've written out notes for History but not properly learnt and i haven't gone near the documents.
    Business, i'm usually can get an A but i dunno now seeing as I've neglected it so much because of concentrating on other subjects

dodgystuff wrote: »
    I've written out notes for History but not properly learnt and i haven't gone near the documents.
    Business, i'm usually can get an A but i dunno now seeing as I've neglected it so much because of concentrating on other subjects

I've slowly but surely been improving in business over the past few months :D Went from getting D's and worked myself up to a B in the pre :D

History is a different story.. i knew exactly what was coming up in the pre and I still got a C :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Don't stay up late studying - it's just bad bad bad.

why are people so against cramming?? Its helped me in numerous subjects. I am not here to promote it no, just since I read of how possibly "screwed" he/she could be thats all. Cramming for geography the night before worked for me. Only got 2 hours sleep, for me the possibility of failing kept me awake ;)

My English teacher told us how she used to cram and it worked so well. She said how she used to stay up till 4am the morning before the exam just continuously writing notes over and over again and reading the notes etc. Cramming can work for some people who have the will power and the ability to stay awake the next day for a prolonged period. If all else fails and you think you don't think there is any other way, it is an option.

However I could recommend rewinding a few weeks and studying!! :D, too late now and with the two hardest subjects at honours level for me, geography and english over, I can breathe a little easier, however cramming, for me is still a large possibilty before construction, DCG and technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

double GG wrote: »
    why are people so against cramming?? Its helped me in numerous subjects. I am not here to promote it no, just since I read of how possibly "screwed" he/she could be thats all. Cramming for geography the night before worked for me. Only got 2 hours sleep, for me the possibility of failing kept me awake ;)
    Same.. Fear kept me awake :P
    I went to bed at 12 and got up at 4. Though it meant i nearly fell asleep in the HL maths exam!.. Cramming definitely works for me. I worked throughout the year but i still need to remind myself of everything the night before! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

student01 wrote: »
    Same.. Fear kept me awake :P
    I went to bed at 12 and got up at 4. Though it meant i nearly fell asleep in the HL maths exam!.. Cramming definitely works for me. I worked throughout the year but i still need to remind myself of everything the night before! :S

Same I have to revise everything night before to remember it.
    I'm safy screwed for French too. If I'm repeating ( again ) I'm dropping it and will do something else. Hoping for a C in french but could end up with a D... Waking up at 7 tommorow to study history then French at 12 till 5... Break then history again till 8 and 2 hours again for French!

I think it's safe to say I will be failing foundation level maths. Any pointers for questions I should learn that come up all the rime? I just want to pass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

History is a different story.. i knew exactly what was coming up in the pre and I still got a C :o

Same here.
    History teacher gave us a list of 10 things to learn that could come up and I still got a C. I didn't even learn all 10 of them because he always pretty much tells you exactly what is on it anyway so out of say 1916 Cng and FF 2/3 would be true so you know you only have to learn 2. I'd say I did 6 so I only had to have info for 6 in my head and I still got a C.

Now I have to do so much today. Was going to do it last night but looked at the list and cried. Had to go to bed because there was no point.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Everybody is the same OP. I studied quite a bit of french the last few months but now I can't remember any of it, which leaves me to think that all the study I did from Feb-May was useless cos I can't remember any of it. Leaving is all about cramming tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I'm in the same boat, I have 6 exams next week and am on here instead of study haha

some of them are grand.

gonna be up early all week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Gee.. Thats "Dodgystuff" :P

cork*girl wrote: »
    Gee.. Thats "Dodgystuff" :P

haha i like it :P

Planned 11 hours study for today, 3 down already.

I have moments where I'm just like I don't care how it goes, but then moments where I just want to cry. Yeesh! Can't wait for this saga to be over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I had planned to get up at 10 this morning and have two fifty minute study sessions before 12.30. needless to say didn't happen. But I will do two hours before Wexford beat Dublin at 16.00 :D:D:D:D :P:P:P:P:P:P and then a couple of hours on Irish later tonight and an hour or two in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I've got..
    History.. Screwed
    Biology.. Fairly screwed
    Minus biology, and you've just summed it up for me!

Victoria. wrote: »
    Same here.
    History teacher gave us a list of 10 things to learn that could come up and I still got a C. I didn't even learn all 10 of them because he always pretty much tells you exactly what is on it anyway so out of say 1916 Cng and FF 2/3 would be true so you know you only have to learn 2. I'd say I did 6 so I only had to have info for 6 in my head and I still got a C.

Now I have to do so much today. Was going to do it last night but looked at the list and cried. Had to go to bed because there was no point.

You've such a pesimistic attitude :rolleyes: That's not going to help you at all..

You NEED to relax, chill out. At the end of the day they're only examinations. It isn't the end of the world if you don't get what you want. You always have the option of repeating and trying again.

Stop concentrating on the stuff you DON'T have done. That doesn't help at all. Look at what you DO have done, and know that you've done all you could in the time allocated. :)

Advertisement