Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights over south Dublin 12/06/10

Options
  • 12-06-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Numerous lights seen over Dublin South . Very strange , has anyone seen these lights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

I, for one, welcome our new light overlords :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Captkeogh

Did anyone see the lights really weird

Any update

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

presumably they were just planes, using a different approach pattern due to the weather. They were flying over my apt for the first time I've noticed a couple of nights ago.

May also have been the coasst guard heli out on duty

These were no planes, they were silent and they kept coming for around 5 mins. They then just disappeared

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Ah, that'll be aliens alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

That would be the Chinese lanterns we set off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

thegen wrote: »
    That would be the Chinese lanterns we set off then.

This.

Also, during the movies in the peoples park in Dun Laoghaire over the long weekend, several were let off. Pretty cool things, by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If it was around Rathfarnham you saw them, it was Chinese Lanterns, I saw them myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

griffdaddy wrote: »
    If it was around Rathfarnham you saw them, it was Chinese Lanterns, I saw them myself

As I said it was Chinese lanterns. I was there when the were let off in Rathfarnham.

• Advertisement
Advertisement