Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 115 ***Live Thread***

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Franklin by KO!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ugly cut

Chuck is still relying on his chin and not defending stikes properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nice

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Franklin by KO!

:cool:

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »

^ Told ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

what a finish

Bleak another ko for Chuck

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

He slowed after that cut, sweet knockout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

WHAT A KNOCKOUT !!!!! sweet

• Advertisement

Dana looks upset probably going to tell Chuck to quit

Yup! I thought he'd have realised it's a good idea to have a guard in 2010. But once he showed he didn't, it was obvious he was gonna get KO'd.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yup! I thought he'd have realised it's a good idea to have a guard in 2010. But once he showed he didn't, it was obvious he was gonna get KO'd.

You called it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

lidell did not look good on the groun there, sparked. shame, thought it was a good round up until that, think thats him finished as far as ufc

Damn you Tito!!!!!

End of an Era (again)

WHAT A KNOCKOUT !!!!! sweet

The replay showed just how right Franklin was as far as over commiting goes.

His mouth was WIDE-OPEN when he was throwing that punch at Franklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Rich with maybe abroken arm, he's a hard hard man

My favoutite card in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Very Decent Card overall i felt.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Very Decent Card overall i felt.

Some really good fights indeed! Solid card!

Roll on the Brock show, bad for the sport obvs.

• Advertisement

Roll on the Brock show, bad for the sport obvs.

Only if he walks to the cage with a can of Coors Light!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

YESSS Got to see my first UFC Live!!!

Thanks for the heads up boys, made it to the folks house just in time, missed 30 secs of the mirko fight and got to see all the chuck Rich fight before tearing back to work!

Absolutely brilliant!!! Dunno if it was just 2 excellent fights or that I got to see em live but fantastic! Huge showmanship fron mirko and barry. I bet Barry thought he had it finished in the 1st round, he didn't throw the right for quite a bit after that tho.

Fair play Franklin shrugging off a broken arm. I saw him look at it when it happened, looked like his glove was loose or something, tought bastad!!!

ps. that eminem tune had to be planted when Mike called out the album and release date!

Everyone gone to bed? lightweights :D. 117 will have Nelson v Dos Santos. That should be a huge fight! If Nelson wins, we will have yet another possible contender for the title. I will just give anything for Carwin to KO Lesnar. I've never seen anyone more deserved of taking down a notch!

Just watched the post fight press conference. Cro Cop said he wants to stay with UFC and Dana said he likes the new funny Mirko. Din't commit to saying he will give a new contract but it could happen. Def wanna see Cro Cop again. I had written him off after his last 2 fights.

When asked if he was now friends with Barry, he said at one point in the fight, Pat caught his finger on the wire and said STOP STOP and Mirko let him get out of it, thats when they hugged. He said if that was someone else, he probably wouldn't have let them up haha

Cro Cop got Sub of the night!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Fighters were awarded $85,000 bonuses.

* Fight of the Night: Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
    * Knockout of the Night: Rich Franklin
    * Submission of the Night: Mirko Filipović

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

* Submission of the Night: Mirko Filipović

I never taught I would see the day of Cro Cop getting Sub of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

McDonald Condit was the fight of the night for me, i loved it. Shame about the end though, it would have been an all time classic otherwise.

Really enjoyed the Cro Cop Barry bout, as someone posted above if Barry concentrated more on his game than having a laugh with Mirko he probably would have got the win.

Franklin is an animal, that was some knockout. Chuck got a little over excited which led to him getting his lights put

Haven't seen the other fights, but those three were hugely enjoyable, haven't enjoyed a UFC card as much in a long time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

unknown13 wrote: »
    I never taught I would see the day of Cro Cop getting Sub of the night.
    If it was in the UFC he woulda gotten one for the Randleman guillotine too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Roar wrote: »
    McDonald Condit was the fight of the night for me, i loved it. Shame about the end though, it would have been an all time classic otherwise.

Great fight

Much as I love Cro Cop , Barry only has himself to blame for losing I think, he floored CroCop twice early and refused to jump on him , just standing there and allowed him up :confused:

Franklin was clearly telling dana it was broke (his arm) after the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

It a shame really i think the last few fights have ruined tarnished my memories of chuck for the future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Stab*City wrote: »
    It a shame really i think the last few fights have ruined tarnished my memories of chuck for the future..

Yes and no,

The long time fans will remember the real "Ice man" and not pass judgment on him over the 3 fights.

But its sad, He should have quit a few year ago, (Did you see his miss's :eek:

As for Pat. It was his to lose and thats what happened.

Anyways, As many have said, This has been the best card in a long time.

Fighters were awarded $85,000 bonuses.

Tax free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Awesome win for Franklin. Chuck should really call it a day now.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Awesome win for Franklin. Chuck should really call it a day now.

He did, MR White said " He will NEVER fight again in the UFC " But he will still be a major part of the UFC just outside the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Just saw the danzig wiman card. Huge mistake by yves again. This has gotta be the last fight he calls in the ufc. I know refs are appointed by the athletic commision not the ufc but cant they request not to have certain refs like refs can request not to officiate for certain organizations?

• Advertisement

He did, MR White said " He will NEVER fight again in the UFC " But he will still be a major part of the UFC just outside the ring.

He's already a hall of Famer and had an amazing career one of the first fighters i watched years ago when a m8 brought over a VHS tape and became one of my favourites, I seriously thought/hope he could pull out the win when he gave the camera a little wink at the start of the fight. But alas wasnt to be, I love chuck doh he was coming home with his shield or coming home on it, Great ambassador for the sport and i hope UFC use him in that capacity, very hard not to like the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

He's already a hall of Famer and had an amazing career one of the first fighters i watched years ago when a m8 brought over a VHS tape and became one of my favourites, I seriously thought/hope he could pull out the win when he gave the camera a little wink at the start of the fight. But alas wasnt to be, I love chuck doh he was coming home with his shield or coming home on it, Great ambassador for the sport and i hope UFC use him in that capacity, very hard not to like the guy.

Ah have similar memories of getting a vhs tape of the 2 pride events he was in , against overeem and rampage. Totally agree with you very hard not to like the man.

If i am to be honest, I was more of a Randy fan, But the more i watched "Ice Man" i started to like him more and more.

Sound, grounded Fighter, I am sure its not the last we will see of him (outside the ring ofc )

Great card all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just saw the danzig wiman card. Huge mistake by yves again. This has gotta be the last fight he calls in the ufc. I know refs are appointed by the athletic commision not the ufc but cant they request not to have certain refs like refs can request not to officiate for certain organizations?

I know they can appeal about ref's, normally a ref will not actually know what fights he's doing until he turns up at the venue, MAYBE even the day before at the weigh ins.

I've read somewhere though (can't find link at moment) that NSAC had Mazagatti down to do Lesnar/Carwin but both UFC and Lesner appealed against this. Josh Rosenthal is now doing it.

They also made a lot of the ref's decided a couple of years ago what they'd prefer, they could choose either Vegas OR elsewhere. That's why Big Dan never does Vegas and the likes of Mazagatti/Mario never done Europe after UFC 72/75. They did change this though for 99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dana White said that Mazagaztti shouldn't be allowed to watch MMA, never mind ref it.

Here's the stopry about the ref for 116...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Lesnar-Rep-Request-Mazzagattis-Exclusion-from-July-3-Title-Bout-24968

One of the judges is Tony Weeks, who awarded Griffin a 29-28 win after getting handled for 3 rounds by Evan Dunham!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Fighters only is now reporting that Mirko has decided to retire. His contract with the UFC was up and he looks like has ended his career with the victory over Pat Barry.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Fighters only is now reporting that Mirko has decided to retire. His contract with the UFC was up and he looks like has ended his career with the victory over Pat Barry.

If correct then good decision by Mirko, no need to tarnish his great reputation by losing a bunch of fights and being forced into retirement (Chuck)

scudzilla wrote: »
    If correct then good decision by Mirko, no need to tarnish his great reputation by losing a bunch of fights and being forced into retirement (Chuck)

indeed much better to go out on a high rather than a low like chuck, try look up pictures of the difference in cro cop when he entered the UFC and his Last fight.

indeed much better to go out on a high rather than a low like chuck, try look up pictures of the difference in cro cop when he entered the UFC and his Last fight.

I've seen pictures and i've seen him fight live twice.

His first fight in UFC i believe was against Eddie Sanchez, and he was relentless, constantly walking forward, was like a machine, totally destroyed Sanchez and he honestly looked amazing.

Then he suffered that brutal KO from Gabe, and IMO he's never been the same since.

Was in London when he lost on points to Kongo and that fight bored the crap outta me, i watched it again recently and it was really bad.

A few dodgy fights in Japan, including a NC against Overeem.

His last 4 fights in UFC have been pretty dire, a win against Al Turk (dodgy eye poke), a hammering from Dos Santos and a win against a guy i can't even remember the name of a month or so ago!!

Mirko's fightin career ended in Manchester 3 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

scudzilla wrote: »

I would also presume that the fight purse being offered for him to fight on would be considerably lower that his recent contracts because of the dip in his performances.

That is, of course, if Dana was even keen to offer him a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Damn sure Dana would offer him a contract, I'd be surprised if Dana didn't know about the retirement before the fight or he'd have got him signed to a new contract.

No sense letting Cro-Cop go to StrikeForce where they'd market him as still in his prime and put him in with Fedor.

PS...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweekcrocop061510

Advertisement