Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results problem (random added module)

Options
  • 13-06-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm an external repeat of 2nd year of DT-081 (Computer Engineering)

originally I failed 4 exams which I chose to repeat externally as it was only exams...

however I checked my results yesterday for my May exams and discovered that an extra module had been added for the 2nd semester, Software Engineering, this module is according to the modules directory, a 3rd year semester two module,

but when checking web timetables, it seems it was shifted to accomodate 2nd and 3rd years this year (I don't know whether there is a module re-shuffle or what) ...

but anyways, I've failed this module, exams along with the continous assesment even though I heard nothing at all about it ??

anyone any ideas on this, I know i'll have to go in on Monday to sort it, but I can hardly fail a module that

1) has only been introduced this year and wasnt part of my original repeats
    2) that i've only found out about now and was told nothing at all about from DIT ??

fairly annoyed over this, just seems to be one thing after another trying to get through this repeat year :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Probably just a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭axiom

unfortunately its not, was in yesterday and they did run the module for 2nd and 3rd years and i wasnt told about it, it shouldnt stop be going through to 3rd year though, although i might hav to do it somewhere along the line, they've to get back to me in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

You did software development as part of 2nd year, right? Well, the present second years who sat software engineering with us 3rd years will have to do that next semester.
    Maybe you could organise to do it then?
    Otherwise, it will probably have to be done at night with the part time DT074 students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭axiom

yeah I hav development done, but the whole reason the 2nd and 3rd years in the first place had to do it mixed is because there wont be a lecturer or something next year for Software Engineering, also the module might be dropped,

dont know if its just for a year or what, but it effects both part and full timers becasue I said I had no problems doing it at night, thats when they said it mightn't be running at all ...

have to play the waiting game now

Advertisement