Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to write on a betting slip?

• 13-06-2010 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Going the bookies tomorrow for the first time ever to spunk a few quid on the football.
    Just wondering what do I write on the slip before I hand it over?

If it was for Top Goal Scorer would: TGS Player X @ 12/,1 do the trick? Or can I just go up to the counter and tell them what bets I want to place and they'll fill out the slip?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Hey guys.

Going the bookies tomorrow for the first time ever to spunk a few quid on the football.

If it was for Top Goal Scorer would: TGS Player X @ 12/,1 do the trick? Or can I just go up to the counter and tell them what bets I want to place and they'll fill out the slip?

Cheers.
    Hope you don't get addicted mate!

Ye just write say Germany 1/2 and E40 on a docket.I'd say it would be easier to write it out rather than telling him when he / she is underpressure from a long que.Hope I helped you and best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I've been in some bookies where they have signs up asking not to ask staff to write out your bets for you. Don't worry OP it's straight forward enough.
    When you go in you'll probably see a load of A4 sheets that have 'football coupons' written on them. These are usually used for multiple bets and may be quite confusing for the first time bettor. Just go in and pick up a single docket,one of the small ones.
    And just write out your bet as saying something like
    'Rooney
    Top Goalscorer 12/1
    10 euro'
    If you don't know the odds go up and ask at the counter,they'd be glad to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Hey guys.

Cheers.

that's just wrong,what odds would i get on you being a colege student,you should be banned for using that word in that context

I don't think he wishes to actually ejaculate over his football bets,heavyballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

greetings wrote: »
    I don't think he wishes to actually ejaculate over his football bets,heavyballs.
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Verance wrote: »
    :pac:

lololololololololololololol

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Actually laughed at that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Cheers lads, very helpful! Appreciate it.

But that's exactly what I did do :D

Fiver on Fabiano at 12/1, and a cheeky fiver on Podolski at 50/1 for Top goal scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

and a cheeky fiver on Podolski at 50/1 for Top goal scorer.

Looks like a steal there! He's off and running already and Germany look likely to go as far as the semis!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement