Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone play Lair's Dice (as in Red Dead Redemption) in a pub game?

Options
  • 13-06-2010 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Probably a weird post to make :P
    But I am playing Red Dead Redemption right now and also setting up my own poker tournaments in Pubs (I got identical Red Dead Poker tables, and when I say identical i mean identical - probably minus the glass stains :P ) So I got thinking since I have played Liar's Dice before and well ...

Would you think it would be a crazy idea holding Liar's Dice games in pubs for people who may have played RDR or even seen Pirates of the Carribbean 2?

Now, first off :P upon hearing that it probably sounds mental. lol. But I dunno. Upon playing the game I searched Google and there are tons of threads saying how cool Liar's Dice is and how they want to learn it :) On all gaming forums.

Would the average gamer think this would be fun?

I was thinking of having something like a 5 euro buy-in. Meaing if 20 players bought in. Their would be a pot prize of 100euro for the winner :) I think it would be kinda fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

20 players? So you would say I bet theres 50 sixes on a table and then spend 5 minutes counting all the dices. 5 seems to be a maximum for a table I would say. It would be a bit of a laugh alright but definitely a lot harder than in the game. Youre not going to have idiots calling your bluff all the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Go for it mate, but yeah 20 people to a table is a bit much. Me and a friend are gonna try get a few games in the next time I stop up to his.

Also, its mandatory during an evening of play to overturn the table declaring "CHEATER" and all draw your guns into a Mexican stand-off at least once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 games2sell

Oh sorry guys. I probably should of explained more in the first post :P
    There would only be a max of 6 players per table. But 3 tables could hold 18 players etc etc.

I am already in the process of setting up pub poker games. And a simple game like this could be played before a poker tourney would start as my tables would already be set up for that. And lets face it, loads of dice doesnt cost alot of money :P

So i dunno. Would be fun to run I think. But I would be expecting no-one to turn up to these games as its not majorly popular lol. But then again, as I say i would run it before poker tourneys so its not like I would be loosing anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I love Liar's Dice in RDR, probably my favourite of the mini-games (on a related note, horseshoes can go to hell). A game based entirely on bluffing and intuition is good fun in my books, plus I was excited when I finally managed to win without losing a dice! If I had the opportunity to play it IRL, I probably would! Although I'd imagine real contestants would be slyer than Rockstar's AI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Kev23

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Also, its mandatory during an evening of play to overturn the table declaring "CHEATER" and all draw your guns into a Mexican stand-off at least once.

Impasse!;)

I'd say it could take off. I bet a few Red dead players would get the ball rolling at least..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 games2sell

I was thinking the same Kev23.
    I am really going to look into this. I think its one of those things tho that would have to be done quick. The game is still fresh in peoples minds. Then it could have a snowball effect. I dont think it would ever be massive, lol. But hey, even some pubs have Dominoes Tournaments with a good turn out, lol.

Upon doing a bit of research. It seems there are two types. Some are played with poker chips as antes and bets. Others (as in RDR) use the Dice. You loose a hand, you loose a dice, you loose all your dice, your out. Personally, I like RDR's version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

its just the card game bull**** with dice I thought... not really deep enough to warrant a dedicated tourny imo

Advertisement