Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting poplars in June?

• 13-06-2010 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I planted some mature poplars yday and am wondering is it too out of season?I'm watering the heck outta them so any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If they were in pots you might get away with it, but if they were bare rooted you will need a lot of luck! Keep watering them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭primastar

I know ya but what are the chances of them failing so,?

What do you mean by mature? Were they in pots? How healthy did they look when you put them in - were the leaves limp? Did you stake them? I cannot guarantee whether they will grow or not, they might, but its not a good time to transplant full size trees. Look on it as a gamble, you've already planted them so all you can do is hope for the best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭primastar

Some are 8-10 ft tall. I dug them outta a bedding area yday and transplanted them straight away

That height would not be mature, you might get away with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement