Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizontal Accumulator tank will it work?

• 13-06-2010 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a problem and aside from that would also very much like to know if anyone has an opinion about using a horizontal tank as an accumulator tank. The designated area that I have to fit in log boiler and components has a very low headroom 1.8M. I calculate I need a 2000lt tank and cannot find an off the shelf one to fit. I can however get hold of a 2100lt horizontal pressure vessel. It has 35mm connections top and bottom at both ends. My theory is that it holds the same quantity of water as a vertical one and therefore must store the same amount of heat. It will need to operate at 82C with a delta T of 17C. I know it will not have the same stratification pattern as a vertical one, the return to the log boiler will be protected by a laddomat so does that matter? I would be very interested in your opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

Check the www. for the term "flexitank" or similar, maybe in combination with " solar".
    There is plenty of choice. From one liter to over a million liters.
    These tanks are made to meassure. So you meassure your available space, subtract space for the shell and the insulation. Check the details with the tank manufacturers.
    Make sure your statics allow for the load, one cubicmeter of water is 1 tonne/1000kg of weight.
    There are nowadays recognised flexitank manufacturers who have all the necessery official test reports available and sell certified solutions. Ask for the guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭rayh

Vespak wrote: »
    I have a problem and aside from that would also very much like to know if anyone has an opinion about using a horizontal tank as an accumulator tank. The designated area that I have to fit in log boiler and components has a very low headroom 1.8M. I calculate I need a 2000lt tank and cannot find an off the shelf one to fit. I can however get hold of a 2100lt horizontal pressure vessel. It has 35mm connections top and bottom at both ends. My theory is that it holds the same quantity of water as a vertical one and therefore must store the same amount of heat. It will need to operate at 82C with a delta T of 17C. I know it will not have the same stratification pattern as a vertical one, the return to the log boiler will be protected by a laddomat so does that matter? I would be very interested in your opinions.

Just to state the obvious - have you mapped the installation route?

Advertisement