Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation level Irish

• 13-06-2010 11:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm totally crap at Irish, i'm doing honours everything else, originally I was going to take the ordinary level Irish paper but i'm thinking about taking the foundation level, I don't need it for my courses but do you think it would be alright if I just went ahead and took the foundation exam?
    Keep in mind I am not good at all at the subject!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Hi all,

I'm totally crap at Irish, i'm doing honours everything else, originally I was going to take the ordinary level Irish paper but i'm thinking about taking the foundation level, I don't need it for my courses but do you think it would be alright if I just went ahead and took the foundation exam?

It's not our decision, the world is your oyster. If you feel you need to, then go ahead buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Hi all,

Its your decision! at the end of the day, if you want to take foundation take it, if not don't. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Foundation Maths is alot more acceptable in college than Foundation Irish. Look very closely at your entry requirements before you decide to make the drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

The foundation Irish people did a different oral to ordinary and higher people as in there are set questions for foundation. How would your ordinary oral mark be adjusted now that you are doing the foundation written paper?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭echoindia756

pathway33 wrote: »
    The foundation Irish people did a different oral to ordinary and higher people as in there are set questions for foundation. How would your ordinary oral mark be adjusted now that you are doing the foundation written paper?

As far as I know, the oral exam is a common level and in fact the examiner did not know what level you were doing on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

As far as I know, the oral exam is a common level and in fact the examiner did not know what level you were doing on the day

Yep ordinary and higher is common level. But there is a different oral for foundation. I stuck up the foundation questions on a thread around the time of the oral. Well I suppose it's not like you would get nothing for the oral because after all the oral you did was supposedly harder than the foundation one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭echoindia756

pathway33 wrote: »
    Yep ordinary and higher is common level. But there is a different oral for foundation. I stuck up the foundation questions on a thread around the time of the oral. Well I suppose it's not like you would get nothing for the oral because after all the oral you did was supposedly harder than the foundation one.

Ah i'd say i'd only mess things up if I did the foundation now, I better just take the ordinary exam, I should just about scrape it

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

unknown13 wrote: »
    Foundation Maths is alot more acceptable in college than Foundation Irish. Look very closely at your entry requirements before you decide to make the drop.

None of the science courses need Irish. Very few need a third language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Honestly you're better off sticking with the Ordinary Level, the Dept are mad promoting the language and really don't want many people to fail it (even look at the failure figures, there's actually not that many people!) if you just make an attempt of things you don't know they'll take it into account. I thought I failed my Irish exam a few years ago and ended up with a C2 in HL!

Advertisement