Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief Question

Options
  • 13-06-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, quick question on the rent relief form.

You know the section where it says "Tax year for which you are making a claim"

Is that the year i'm claiming rent for or simply this year?
    If i put down 2010 will I still get my refund into my bank account or will it be given as tax credit *(this confuses me)

If i put down the year im claiming for as 2009 then I canonly claim up to 31st of december of this year?
    Someone please help.. :(

And if i want to apply for rent relief for the same house since 2007 do i just specify the date tenancy commenced and date tenancy ceased for them three years?

Any help would be great, maybe i'm over thinking this.

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Any rent relief for 2010 will be given as tax credits and nothing will go into your bank account for this year.

You can claim for the whole of 2009.

I put no cease date (because I was still living here) so I just put date started in all the forms, you can go back 4 years.

if you apply online through the revenue website, you will get the money quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

angel01 wrote: »
    Any rent relief for 2010 will be given as tax credits and nothing will go into your bank account for this year.

You can claim for the whole of 2009.

I put no cease date (because I was still living here) so I just put date started in all the forms, you can go back 4 years.

if you apply online through the revenue website, you will get the money quicker.

Hi thanks for replying, Is it right to assume then that I simply put 2006 into the form as starting date and may 2010 as cease date and set the year i am claiming for to 2010?Or do i have to send a form for each year. Will i get a cheque of rent relief up the end of 2009 and then the balance amended to my tax credits for this year?

How do you submit that form online, it only lets you download the form I see no place to submit it??

thanks again

Basically I lived in accommodation A for the duration of sept 2006 - may 2007 and then in accommodation B for the duration of sept 2007 - may 2010 minus the summer month of 2008.

How would I apply for this? All on one form or separate ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

stick-dan wrote: »
    Basically I lived in accommodation A for the duration of sept 2006 - may 2007 and then in accommodation B for the duration of sept 2007 - may 2010 minus the summer month of 2008.

How would I apply for this? All on one form or separate ones?

You should fill in separate forms for each year if your claim is by post.

For query above , when you are asked the end date on form , and the year overlaps , you should always put in the date as 31st December , and in brackets ( for tax purposes )

You should fill in separate forms for each year if your claim is by post.

For query above , when you are asked the end date on form , and the year overlaps , you should always put in the date as 31st December , and in brackets ( for tax purposes )

ok thanks for clearing that up :) very much appreciated. :)

did it take you long to get refunded?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

stick-dan wrote: »
    ok thanks for clearing that up :) very much appreciated. :)

did it take you long to get refunded?

It took me about 5 weeks to get a refund by post.

Advertisement