Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll on Maths Paper 1 OL

• 13-06-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Sorry to make yet another thread on OL Maths paper 1 but I thought it would be interesting to see who found it Easy/OK/Tricky/Awful

I for one found it awful :(

Thoughts on OL Maths Paper 1 42 votes

Easy :D
    0%
    Managable :)
    19%
    JosephBob the BuilderSuperSean11ldxo15wus6fpgmMariaBabiiihavequestionsOConallaindavidk24 8 votes
    Ok..ish :/
    33%
    Rich1691DabogFordieMUFCkieran--fCaptain-AmericazeroonetwothreeOoOROiSiNOoOFerris_BuellerColSheehanDanger781JoeyBuddyBrandon2592klosePrincess3 14 votes
    AWFUL :'(
    47%
    ciano1highlydebasedirondragonsayumiale-brenoKylzer911FinicalKevvvlallychopsMwahA_Mmadlad88LiveitWolfe ToneLeeLeepetneiler987double GGbearcubAnge1901Peter03 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Awful, didn't do any part c's. Part b's were mostly wrong. Some part a's were ok. My friend told me that the c's were actually Honours level and that they'd be marked easier. Still, I definitley failed paper 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I am borderline between a B1/A2. I found that the maths this year was a lot more practical inclined. But generally not much harder than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I'm generally at the better end of the scale with pass maths. I found it manageable. Alot of the part (c)s were very difficult alright. Much harder than other years. But I'd still say I did alright in it. Definitely passed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I said managable.
    I got probably between 60-75%

But I was kinda expecting an A or B1, so I was dissapointed. It's easily the hardest paper in recnt years.
    Paper 2 should be easier..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm hoping for an A1 but I said manageable.. It was a challenging paper that wasn't too difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Got an A2 in my mocks but found that a lot harder than any past papers iv tried. Say I passed...barely

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I said easy. im expecting 100% or close to it on that paper. i did honors for fifth year so thats partly why i find pass maths so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Got a B1 in the mocks and need a B3 for my course..
    I really doubt I failed that paper but will really need to make up for it in project maths paper 2 tomorrow!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I don't think I failed but I was really annoyed and disappointed with how it went. Looking over the Qs again, there was several I know I got wrong and that some that I have never even see on any paper before...:confused:

QCs were defintely honours level. I'm slightly disapoointed since I done a year of honours that I will probably barely hit 60% in ordinary level. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

think i got around 70ish but i'm way weaker at paper 1 than paper 2.. i couldn't do the long division haha just went completely blank! and the part C of sequences and series.. usually do fine on them but i hadn't a clue!!! got all 8 q's done anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

I said ok-ish, I thought it was hard though but made an attempt at all the questions.

Advertisement