Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lens adapter for Olympus E500

• 13-06-2010 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I have an Olympus E500 with a 40-150mm lens. I'd love to be able to take pictures of birds and nature pictures. I need to sit quite close with the current lens and don't always get the right shot. Is it possible to get an adapter that will double the strength of my lens or is there a reasonably priced next size up lens I could use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

40-150mm
    Is that the old 40-150mm lens, ie. f3.5-4.5. I have this lens for quite a while but only recently started using it again, you really need good light for the auto-focus to 'catch' your intended bird/animal in sharp focus. The other option is go up in ISO (but no more than 400) and use manual focus. The 150mm is the equivalent of 300mm in 35mm terms so thats not too bad, another cheap option (like your OP suggests) is to get an adapter on eBaaay and then scout around for an old manual lens, I have a 100-300mm (200-600mm in 35mm terms) Pentax one, but the results wouldn't be earth-shattering ! I think I paid less than 20 yo-yos for mine on the Bay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i may have an OM zuiko adapter for four thirds for sale soon.

'soon' works out as being 'as soon as i can find the damn thing'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

If you know anyone going to the States soon this 70-300mm is a bargain:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=70-300mm+zuiko&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

Advertisement