Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So.. What do you think is coming in Season 2

• 13-06-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭

As the title says, what do you think is coming in Season 2?

** EPISODE TITLE SPOILERS FOR THE SPOILER-PHOBOES **
    The titles are:
    INTERVENTION 201
    AFTERMATH 202
    AWAKENINGS 203
    PATHOGEN 204
    CLOVERDALE 205
    TRIAL AND ERROR 206
    THE GREATER GOOD 207
    MALICE 208
    VISITATION 209
    RESURGENCE 210
    DELIVERANCE 211
    TWIN DESTINIES 212
    ALLIANCES 213
    HOPE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

id say a few people are killed, the army personnel are left off at the next planet as the craft goes into ftl before anybody can be shot.
    they keep the useful civilians and a few army guys on board, and eli stays in hiding at the other end of the ship trying to help rush take back control of the ship and then be able to get the army guys back.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn shame they're moving away from the single word episode titles. :)

The L.A. guy that befriended TJ will join the crew, probably a few others. Judging by episode 2's title, the incursion storyline will probably be wrapped up in the premiere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The guy that TJ saved will stop the other Lucien guy from killing everyone, Eli will save Scott and Greer, some of the military will get left on a planet, but will get saved eventually. Then there'll be a few Lucien people left to join the regular crew.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was anyone else impressed but the martial arts of the guy who did the spinning roundhouse gun toting :) shame he was killed!

Was anyone else impressed but the martial arts of the guy who did the spinning roundhouse gun toting :) shame he was killed!
    I was thinking the same thing. It was pretty bad ass alright. Not so smart since a pregnant TJ was there, but still. I actually hope the guy who killed him (Varo?) stays on Destiny, as he seems interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

That guy at 0:10 looks like T-bag from Prison Break :confused:

While watching the last episode I was wondering what way they would sort out the invasion and would the ship be permeantly split in 2 between the Lucien and SG crew, the last few minutes cleared that up though - I reckon that Keva will die, or the guy TJ saved will end up killikng her when she threatens to kill TJ or something like that. There will be a fight and the hard-liner Luciens will get killed or kicked off the ship and the rest will join the crew.

Not looking forward to the extra faction in the power struggle between the military and the civilians though, thats bound to be a big part of hte next season if they do join the crew.

That guy at 0:10 looks like T-bag from Prison Break :confused:

Thats cause it is T-Bag. Or Samuel. Or Robert Knepper :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Oh right :o

I dont remember seeing him in the last 2 episodes though. According to imdb hes in the next 3 episodes, i hope he doesnt become a regular tbh, i'm not a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

rameire wrote: »
    id say a few people are killed, the army personnel are left off at the next planet as the craft goes into ftl before anybody can be shot.
    they keep the useful civilians and a few army guys on board, and eli stays in hiding at the other end of the ship trying to help rush take back control of the ship and then be able to get the army guys back.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that episode of Voyager already!;)

Oh right SGU! My mistake!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Apolloyon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've seen that episode of Voyager already!;)

Oh right SGU! My mistake!:D

Yep, that power struggle stuff was also done on BSG :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Oh right :o

I dont remember seeing him in the last 2 episodes though. According to imdb hes in the next 3 episodes, i hope he doesnt become a regular tbh, i'm not a fan.

He was fantastic in Prison Break but had a bad gig in Heroes ,I think he would make a welcome addition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭somuj

Yep, that power struggle stuff was also done on BSG :rolleyes:

yea that power struggle was done in cornation street too :( prob a rip off of that too. :( I think that Destiny is made from atoms. Must be ripping off smallville or some other show that uses sets created from atoms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Fine gael ripped off Stargate Universe aswell then last week! How dare them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

From Gateworld,

Looking good to me.
    The upcoming second season of Stargate Universe will expand upon the show’s mythology, giving viewers new insights on just why the Ancients set the Destiny on a pre-programmed course millions of years ago.

Among those insights is the fact that the ship isn’t just allowing its reluctant crew from Earth to explore the unknown, but that it is also going somewhere in particular.

SCI FI PI reports that “the Destiny has a destination of cosmic importance,” according to an upcoming interview with executive producer Brad Wright — “so important that it overshadows the desire for the crew to get home, and that by fulfilling this new mission, it may in fact allow them to get home.”

Editors from the Australian broadcaster’s official Web site recently visited the set of the show in Vancouver, B.C., and also got a peek at a casting sheet for “Resurgence,” with hints of what fans are in store for when the mid-season finale arrives at the end of 2010.

According to the site, the info indicated “a gigantic battle in space featuring an armada of alien spaceships, and possibly a planet-based battle, are coming to Stargate Universe. Great news for Stargate action junkies!”

According to the site,the tenth episode of the season might include such thing as “a holographic image of a battlefield,” and “a sea of wrecked ships.”

For more check out the original report now at SCI FI PI! The new season of Stargate Universe premieres in October on Syfy Channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

fayer wrote: »
    From Gateworld,

Looking good to me.

WOW, sounds great!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

NOOOOOO! i hate t-bag :mad: didn't like his character in Prison Break at all, and Heroes confirmed that (even though season 4 was pretty brutal anyway)

i think SGU is due to return Tuesday 28th September. saw this on tv.com there's no info given other than the air date and production code so you're safe from spoilers.
    saw the airdate on wiki but you know wiki :rolleyes: at least we won't be waiting into october for season 2 \:)/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

september 28th is still considered october :mad: :p

but it doesn't sound as bad as "it's back in october" better than october 2nd anyway.

11 weeks to go from tuesday. \:)/

http://stargate.mgm.com/extras/index.html

there's a countdown clock on the bottom right of the page. this must be where wiki is getting the date from.

So......
    71 Days
    23 Hours
    25 mins

to go until the season 2 premiere

saw this on the gateworld forum and decided to copy it :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

There's news of the sga/sgu crossover episode!!

Now that should be fun.
    With word from producer John G. Lenic that the deals have been closed on those Atlantis alums, we can now move forward on the script, secure in the knowledge that both extra-special guest stars will actually be on hand to say the dialogue written specifically for them. Great news for fans of the old series. There was a reluctance to move ahead with an SGA crossover, particularly on my part, because the feeling was it would step on the timing of the SGA movie, Stargate: Extinction, the events of which directly proceed the Atlantis series finale, Enemy at the Gate. But given the delay on the movie front and the ideal premise pitched out by Remi Aubuchon and Brad Wright, it was decided to go ahead with the crossover.

You can read about it Here

• Advertisement

Hmm, it will be weird seeing some of the Atlantis crew appearing in Universe. It just feels so different when compared to Atlantis. Saying that, I'd like to see Sheppard and McKay make an appearence. Always liked the two of them.

Looks awesome.

What is the trailer is according to gateworld.
    Rush’s discovery of Destiny’s bridge
    Hallucinations of his late wife, Gloria
    A stunning crash-landing
    A stranded crew
    A new relationship for Eli
    Simeon, the new Lucian Alliance character played by Robert Knepper
    The return of Amanda Perry (“Sabotage”)?
    Colonel Telford (Lou Diamond Phillips), looking alive and well
    What looks like the return of Dr. Caine, believed left behind on a planet in “Faith”
    A disturbing transformation for Chloe

fayer wrote: »
    Looks awesome.

<trailer>

What is the trailer is according to gateworld.
    Rush’s discovery of Destiny’s bridge
    Hallucinations of his late wife, Gloria
    A stunning crash-landing
    A stranded crew
    A new relationship for Eli
    Simeon, the new Lucian Alliance character played by Robert Knepper
    The return of Amanda Perry (“Sabotage”)?
    Colonel Telford (Lou Diamond Phillips), looking alive and well
    What looks like the return of Dr. Caine, believed left behind on a planet in “Faith”
    A disturbing transformation for Chloe

^^Related to what he said
    that didn't look like his wife from the first season. it mustn't be the same actress who's playing her. it was amanda graystone out of caprica that was playing her. don't think that's her anyway
    and chloe is back :( but she's sick \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

whiteman19 wrote: »
    ^^Related to what he said
    that didn't look like his wife from the first season. it mustn't be the same actress who's playing her. it was amanda graystone out of caprica that was playing her. don't think that's her anyway
    and chloe is back :( but she's sick \o/
    It's definitely her. Btw, Lousie Lombard plays Gloria, not the actress who plays Amanda Graystone :)

i'm almost certain that the actress who plays Amanda Graystone (Paula Malcomson) was the one played Rush's wife in "Human". i recognised her but they must be the spitting image of each other. i don't have the episode on hand now, but i'm definitely looking that up tomorrow. but it looks like everywhere else (IMDB, Gateworld, stargate wiki) is disagreeing with me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

They do look really alike but I'm pretty sure I'm right :P IMDB has Louise Lombard listed as Gloria in Human. Plus in Human, Gloria has a proper English accent. Paula Malcolmson is from Belfast isn't she? Accent wouldn't really be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

looks great :D

Anita Blow wrote: »
    They do look really alike but I'm pretty sure I'm right :P IMDB has Louise Lombard listed as Gloria in Human. Plus in Human, Gloria has a proper English accent. Paula Malcolmson is from Belfast isn't she? Accent wouldn't really be the same.
    looking back, i realise it's definitely not Amanda Graystone. but they do look very alike.
    besides, actors can put on any sort of accent anyway.
    :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Louise Lombard played Rush's wife, 100%...as for Chloe, did she turn blonde?....did i see Claire Forlani in that promo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Warning.... big a** spoilers located inside!
    Apparently there will be some dynamic change between rush and young

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/08/rush-and-young-headed-for-new-revelations/

Looks nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I wonder what the higher purpose of the mission will be? I'd imagine its something about the key to accention for humanity. Rush being so obsessed with getting to the "secret" of destiny and a main driver for him being the death of his wife makes sense that he feels if he can accend he can be with her again in some way.... also why he ignored her in his dream state, in his mind it would have been simply a distraction the path of getting back to the "real" her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

season 2 looks pretty lively compared to s1. i hope it's nice and fast paced.

Advertisement