Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology

• 13-06-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey theres been a few posts about biology i know but can someone give me a list of sections 2 study tht are likely to come up and top experiments? I have yet to study biology and im not off till about 5.30 after history(stressful) so i wanna do some today before i start studying maths

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Biology :
    -EcoLoGy + Waste Management,Pollution,conservation
    -Geneticz+Genetic engineering+Dna & Rna
    -Respiration
    -PhoToSyNtheSiS
    -MicroBioLoGy..fungi/bacteria/viruses
    -Nephron+Excretion
    -Ear
    -Reproduction ( Plants + HumaN)

These are what im studying based on my own predictions

Gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

was listening to a podcast and he said you would be stupid to go into an exam not knowing:
    food
    ecology
    enzyme ezperiments
    plant diagrams (like the stamen etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

Plants... especially reproduction!
    Excretion (Nephron)
    Photosynthesis and Respiration come up all the time in some form
    Genetics and Ecology as main questions
    Osmosis (especially experiment)
    Food
    Male Reproduction

student01 wrote: »
    Plants... especially reproduction!
    Excretion (Nephron)
    Photosynthesis and Respiration come up all the time in some form
    Genetics and Ecology as main questions
    Osmosis (especially experiment)
    Food
    Male Reproduction

is the osmosis Q the one about the visking tubing etc?
    and when you say "main questions" do u mean short ones, or like a full 60 marker?

muffinz wrote: »
    is the osmosis Q the one about the visking tubing etc?
    and when you say "main questions" do u mean short ones, or like a full 60 marker?

Yeah thats the one but it could also be linked in with food preservation and micobiology and stuff if it comes up as a long question
    By main I mean long questions...look at the ecology question on the mock paper

• Advertisement

Yeah thats the one but it could also be linked in with food preservation and micobiology and stuff if it comes up as a long question
    By main I mean long questions...look at the ecology question on the mock paper
    my biology teacher edited our mock paper as we had never done ecology before.. he put in questions from the other mock paper in place of them on chapters we had done! we only did ecology at the end of the year, and nobody reeally bothered and our teacher didnt as we were all too tired...im screwed for ecology, so much stuff to learn :( the only thing i know is protectionf of fish coz i did it in geography!!

my biology teacher edited our mock paper as we had never done ecology before.. he put in questions from the other mock paper in place of them on chapters we had done! we only did ecology at the end of the year, and nobody reeally bothered and our teacher didnt as we were all too tired...im screwed for ecology, so much stuff to learn :( the only thing i know is protectionf of fish coz i did it in geography!!

Tbh I'm not going to do the ecology question. We never did it very well so I'm just learning definitions in case it comes up in the short questions.
    But there's usually a good choice in the long questions so it will be one of the ones I'm avoiding

Tbh I'm not going to do the ecology question. We never did it very well so I'm just learning definitions in case it comes up in the short questions.
    But there's usually a good choice in the long questions so it will be one of the ones I'm avoiding
    grand thanks for that :D

grand thanks for that :D

No prob... though if you get a chance, you should probably just glance over it in case other questions are harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Ecology is very easy to learn off ... a few definitions/pyramid of numbers/trophic levels/factors tht influence populations(abiotic and biotic).. thn d chapters after are common sense such as conservation & waste management .. i'd strongly recommend learning as its almost a guaranteed Q maybe both short and long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

I'm wondering do you all know that you can get 80% in your exam by just learning off units 1 + 2 ? Majority of the questions asked are based on these parts ... so you can get a high B by just doing that ! Units 1 + 2 collectively is smaller than unit 3 so its handy to learn off .

Tony1130 wrote: »
    Ecology is very easy to learn off ... a few definitions/pyramid of numbers/trophic levels/factors tht influence populations(abiotic and biotic).. thn d chapters after are common sense such as conservation & waste management .. i'd strongly recommend learning as its almost a guaranteed Q maybe both short and long

Yeah I know it's easy, I just don't really like it and we never did any of the quantitative/qualitative stuff. Having said that, if the other questions are really hard, I'll probably BS my way through it.. a lot of it is common sense!

Advertisement