Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on 3 Phone

Options
  • 13-06-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a contract phone with 3 and a Nokia 6700C handset

Skype is one of the applications which I use most on the handset but it is quite annoying for several reasons, (Note that I have tried reinstalling it but that had no effect).

1. When I try to open the application (when it hasnt been open for a few hours) it just hangs and doesnt open. I get a screen like its trying to log in with my user name and details but it just hangs. If I close the application and try again the same thing usually happens. When I try the third time it usually asks me or my username and password which I have to put in again then it will connect, Sometimes straight away or sometimes I have to close it again and try to connect a fourth time.
    This gets really annoying because I have to enter my username and password each time I want to use it and no one can call me on skype unless I have logged on recently.
    If I have recently logged on (say in the last hour) it will connect the first time I try to open the application and it will allow me to receive calls.
    I will also recieve calls when people try to call me on skype if I have recently logged on but If I havent used the application in the last few hours it says I am off line to the person trying to call me.

2. I dont really use the phone to send Skype IM's but the same happens for Im's as when I try to make calls however there is an additional nuisance. If I havent used skype in a few hours I can still get notification of an IM and when I am trying to log on if it hangs and I retry till I get online etc I cannot see the IM that I was trying to log on to see. I only get Im's on it if the logon works the first time. I am not too worried about this but it is also a nuisance.

I am sending an email to Three about this but if anyone else has similar issues I would be interested to hear particularly if you got to the bottom of it. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

It seems to be troublesome tonight - was trying earlier to set my sister up on it but couldn't log in - same on my phone and I use it all the time.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TIMMAY!

It seems what is wrong with my phone is not an issue with my phone but rather an issue with my skype account. I created a new skype account and that seems to be working fine now.

Advertisement