Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eyeshadow for blue eyes?

• 13-06-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

can anybody recommend me colours, shades and brands of eyeshadow for blue eyes? I want to get a cute day time look and a coloured look and a smokey eyes look together but any recommendations would be much appreciated. I'm brutal at experimenting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

oops also i have dark blonde hair and pale white skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Gold is suppose to look good on blue eyes.. the urban decay pallettes have a really good selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Blondes can kinda get away with any colour, lucky for you! The only thing I would say to steer clear of is really really dark colours ie, don't use black kohl all around your eye, cos it will make your eyes look really small.

For warm colours, bronzes, golds, browns etc, then for cool colours, blue looks realy good. Obviously with blue, you have to get the right colour, otherwise you may look like an 80s throwback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i wouldnt recommend blue with blue eyes unless you're talking dark navy! i'm not one of those persons who believes in 'rules' when it comes to colours, but i know blue eyeshadow always looks crap on me!

i have two urban decay palettes and thats the extent of my shadow collection. all colours ranging from cream through gold to bronze to brown look really good on blue eyes. kaki green works well too, if you blend it with a bronzey one, though i find any other shades of green look pretty wrong on me.
    their 'blunt' shade is really nice during the day/for work -makes blue eyes look fresh awak, esp when used with brown or black eyeliner.
    the darker browns like 'twice baked' look really good for evening, especially if you use them to almost line the eye.

i also like very pale pinks on blue eyes, with a little black eyeliner smudged into the lid .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Usually, you're suppposed to use the opposite colors to your eye color. So for you, greens, pinks, bronze, gold, brown, etec.

That said, as a blonde you can get away with most colours, except maybe blue because blue on blue eyes doesn't work well.

I have blue eyes and the colors that make my eyes stand out and look their best are browns and bronzes. I hate these colours (my favourite colours are blues and greens :( ) but they really do look great on blue eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Got my make done in Macys in New York by a Mac make up artist. I too have blonde hair and blue eyes pale skin. She said browns and purples go well with blue eyes. She did an amazing job, I wish I had her every day getting ready!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Greens look really well with blue eyes and blonde hair, though the shade of green will obviously depend on your skin tones and the exact shade of blue in your eyes. Light browns also look well as does a gold eye shadow with a hint of green through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

Greens or smokey always looks better on me anyway.

I'm pale skin blonde highlights and blue eyes - I usually use pink eyeshadow or brown. Different shades of brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

the hair is a pretty dark blonde, almost brown. i have a bourjois smokey brown shadow set that i use during day and an estee lauder bluey grey and navy grey smokey palette that i use on nights out. just a bit bored of it and jealous of my friends that always look different but amazing!!! will try a few cheapo purples and golds and greens and see how i get on-thanks for the help!!! any tips for mascara to stay on your eyes not on the cheeks!!!

I bought a palette from loreal a while ago from a smokey eyes that had the grey dark blue for blue eyes but looking at loreal studio secrets it says blue eyes should wear browns, headache when you're not confident in make up you know!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gillsD

purples than add grey / charcoal at edges of eyes for a smokey look ;)

Advertisement