Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland -v- Denmark, Mon 12:30PM RTE & ITV HD

• 13-06-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

a99.jpg
    Holland -v- Denmark
    Match 9 - Group E
    Johannesburg - Soccer City Stadium
    Monday 14 June, 2010
    12:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Should be a good one. Here's hoping Van Persie will get a few. Have him as top goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Hope the Dutch really get the tournament going with some dazzling attacking football because to be honest we havent actually seen much so far. Two good teams so should be interesting. As I said cant wait for this Dutch attack. On paper it looks frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looking forward to this one. Any news on if Bendy is fit?

playa3 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one. Any news on if Bendy is fit?

I heard he is out for this one but that was on friday so not sure if that has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

C'mon Holland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

redout wrote: »
    Hope the Dutch really get the tournament going with some dazzling attacking football because to be honest we havent actually seen much so far. Two good teams so should be interesting. As I said cant wait for this Dutch attack. On paper it looks frightening.

South Korea played some decent stuff yesterday. Just hope that ball doesn't cause too much trouble with free kicks and delivery from the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

this should be an intriguing match, great attack against a great defence

I look forward to seeing Kjær

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Really been looking forward to this one, more than any of the other games so far anyway. Off work Monday asw well so get to see it.

2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Am I right in presuming that Van Der Vaart is a sure thing to start given Robben's probable absence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Looking forward to this one. Hoping Netherlands win, have money of them at the bookies.

• Advertisement

How does Kuyt feel considering RVP, Robben, Sneijder and VDV would rather play together and leave Dirk out! RVP said this in an interview last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

How does Kuyt feel considering RVP, Robben, Sneijder and VDV would rather play together and leave Dirk out! RVP said this in an interview last week.

He actually said that a good while ago I think and then kinda had to back track there when he realised that Kuyt will be starting most likely. Said 'he does great for his limited ability' or something to that effect.:P Not great at the oul compliments there Robin.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Am I right in presuming that Van Der Vaart is a sure thing to start given Robben's probable absence?

Not 100%, I'd imagine Elia is in with a shout of starting.

Well it's fair enough, obviously as a striker RVP wants the best player possible around him.

Who would you rather have supplying you - Robben or Kuyt?

Robben is good to go so said Seedorf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dutch footballers have never been renowned for their tact.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Robben is good to go so said Seedorf.

I've been reading that all weekend, but I thought the general consensus was that he would sit out the Denmark game just to be safe? Hopefully he starts, wonderful player.

I've been reading that all weekend, but I thought the general consensus was that he would sit out the Denmark game just to be safe? Hopefully he starts, wonderful player.

I hope he plays also and more importantly stays fit for the sake of the tournament. My prediction see's Holland meet Brazil in the quarters so he has to make that game should it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Not optimistic about that Dutch back four at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I hope he plays also and more importantly stays fit for the sake of the tournament. My prediction see's Holland meet Brazil in the quarters so he has to make that game should it happen.

He could run riot against of Bastos at LB for Brazil in that scenario as well.

Kjaer has a knee problem seemingly and is not a definite starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

playa3 wrote: »
    Said 'he does great for his limited ability' or something to that effect.
    Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'm predicting Holland will do a Germany on it and win fairly comfortably, 2-0 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Looking forward to seeing Kjaer in action (if he is fit). Hoping for a really entertaining game...Hoping Sneijder and RVP do well for fantasy football reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Mixed feelings about this match, part of me wants to see the Dutch knocked out and RVP back to North London asap, but on the otherhand, expecting some great football from them.

Expect Holland to win this 4-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hoping for a Dutch win here to help my wallet for me holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dutch have a really frightening attack but their defense has to be a worry. I have a funny feeling that they could be the major shock first round casualties.
    I'm not certain of that by any means but Japan have impressed me when I've seen them and Denmark have a very good record in big tournaments when they do qualify. Carmeroon might be the weak team in the group but they have Eto'o and Webo up front so anything can happen when you play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

RVP to score anytime and for there to be 3 goals or more in the game please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Van Persie to score one of the best goals ever to be scored at a World Cup, Fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can't believe I'm missing this game:( Holland to win 4-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Crime in SA down - no Robben :p

Teams from Beeb

Netherlands
    Stekelenburg
    Van Der Wiel
    Heitinga
    Mathijsen
    Van Bronckhorst
    Van Bommel
    De Jong
    Sneijder
    Van der Vaart
    Kuyt
    Van Persie

Denmark
    Sorensen
    Kjaer
    Agger
    Jacobsen
    Poulsen
    Poulsen
    Jorgensen
    Kahlenberg
    Enevoldsen
    Bendtner
    Rommedahl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_09/default.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Teams from Beeb

Netherlands
    Stekelenburg
    Van Der Wiel
    Heitinga
    Mathijsen
    Van Bronckhorst
    Van Bommel
    De Jong
    Sneijder
    Van der Vaart
    Kuyt
    Van Persie

Denmark
    Sorensen
    Kjaer
    Agger
    Jacobsen
    Poulsen
    Poulsen
    Jorgensen
    Kahlenberg
    Enevoldsen
    Bendtner
    Rommedahl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_09/default.stm

Good line ups by both sides.

Very capable back four for the Danes. Agger and Kjaer make for a quality long term pairing at CB. Plenty of height across that back four too with Jacobsen being the shortest at around the six foot mark, and no shortage of pace there either.

The Dutch attack is still pretty tasty even with Robben not in the starting line up.

Am hoping for a pretty good game today as the normal playing styles of both teams mesh well on paper anyway.

Should really see a Dutch win based on how strong their team is, but have a sneaking suspicion that the Danes could cause a bit of an upset here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Looking forward to this one. Love the Dutch in these tournaments, bring so much colour and entertaining football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Darragh Maloney just said that Denmark haven't beaten Holland since 1967.

He failed to mention that they did beat them on penalties en route to winning Euro 92 though.

Anyway, come The Netherland! This World Cup could do with a bit of 'sexy football', to borrow Gullit's phrase. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

ITV for me I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Holland 3-1. Have a few quid on VDV and RVP to score.

• Advertisement

Craig Burley on ITV "Holland untested in qualifying coming throught a pitifully weak group including Macedonia, Scotland..."

Sure to go down well at home Craig.

Looks like it will be a case of Danes defend Holland attack at least until Holland score.

Add Scheidjer to the long list of players unable to get this ball up and down from a free kick and given it was from 38m out it doesnt bode well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

There's your coat, now GTFO out :pac:

IvySlayer wrote: »
    There's your coat, now GTFO out :pac:

Had to be done.

The Danes doing a pretty decent job of keeping Holland at arms-length and restricting them to half-chances.

• Advertisement

I wish players would just stop trying to shoot from free kicks at this stage...

Had to be done.

The Danes doing a pretty decent job of keeping Holland at arms-length and restricting them to half-chances.

Those Great Danes. :o

/leaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Frisbee wrote: »
    I wish players would just stop trying to shoot from free kicks at this stage...
    Hmm, maybe.

but someone is going to score an absolute screamer imo.

This game is very scrappy so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

some boring crap

Des wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe.

Yeah, unintentionally from their own half.

Oh what a chance.

Down to the Danes working hard and putting pressure on the Dutch.
    Clearly have a gameplan and sticking to it.

On Bendtner you Bendtner you.

Dutch defence hasn't looked convincing on the numerous (2or 3) times the Danes have attacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hmm, maybe.

For some reason I think the ball was made for Ronaldo. His weird technique of blasting it will result in a rocket, and probably a couple of people getting knocked out in the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Denmark are doing well closing down RVP,Sneijder and the likes,but it makes for a slow game

Spud83 wrote: »
    For some reason I think the ball was made for Ronaldo. His weird technique of blasting it will result in a rocket, and probably a couple of people getting knocked out in the walls.

I reckon it's far more likely he'll kill someone somewhere in the first 20 rows behind the goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement