Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with E-Xamit.ie?

• 13-06-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Every single time I have tried to use that website during the exams, it has been down. You would think they would try to keep it online when students are doing the damn exams!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It's being overused I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

It's being overused I imagine.

Still, you would think they would go to the bother of getting a decent hosting package so this doesn't happen, if only for the duration of the exam.

Oh well, looks like I have to fiddle around with marking schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I agree. It tends to be down for longer at peak times at say 9-11 at night. Try www.examinations.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

slasher_65 wrote: »
    Still, you would think they would go to the bother of getting a decent hosting package so this doesn't happen, if only for the duration of the exam.

Oh well, looks like I have to fiddle around with marking schemes.
    Oh, the horror:eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I guess I'm the only lucky one, never seen it down in the past month :D. Then again, I only used it for english and geography, the rest I use the Marking schemes.

• Advertisement

I agree. It tends to be down for longer at peak times at say 9-11 at night. Try www.examinations.ie

I love that being their peak time. Students panicking before the big exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smonocco

It's still down. It's been down for days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I can use it. It's quite slow, but it's not been down for me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I can use it. It's quite slow, but it's not been down for me at all.

I guess they like cork people better? I can't access it now. (don't need it though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

That's cos we're daycent feen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

The servers, cap'n. They cannae handle it.

One would think they'd work on that, what with there being several thousand panicked students flocking there every June. Shame examinations.ie is so headache-inducingly laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

if it goes down you can still use it
    google e-xamit.ie and under the the search result for the site click"cached"
    its slow as hell tho,but better than nothing
    your fekin welcome;)

I'm tempted to send them an email showing them exatly how cheap it would be to move to a hosting plan that doesn't suck. (And of course get some referrel money in there as well!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

its excrutiatingly slow at the best of times! i prefer examinations.ie anyways, shows you where all the marks are awarded in subjects like Maths and you know its correct!

Advertisement