Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've lost my buddy to world of warcraft

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen him online for about six months now, we used to do it all together. Company of heroes, Tiger woods, Call of duty, Killzone,PES......
    And now he's gone. Lost to the land of Goblins and Trolls. How can i get him to see there is more to life than endlessly roaming this world and get him back.......... I miss my friend.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

abandon all hope, get yourself a wow account and join his guild :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Delete hes account. Should remove the spell straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP he never liked you anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

OP he never liked you anyway

Way to kick a guy when he's down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

collegehumor613d49a2eef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats Frightening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That's quite a bro-fro he's got going on there!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

tman wrote: »
    That's quite a bro-fro he's got going on there!:eek:

Thats a level 70 warlock fro

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

His tunnels in the top thin pictures are bigger than his tunnels in the fat below pictures.

So in fact World of Warcraft makes you thin and gets you girls.

/Signs right up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yeah, those are actually in reverse, this is a guy who quit WoW and started working out etc.

I remember reading a thread on him on another forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Silverfish wrote: »
    Yeah, those are actually in reverse, this is a guy who quit WoW and started working out etc.

I remember reading a thread on him on another forum.

And he slowly gets his hair cut shorter and shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

op sounds like an agony aunt letter

Never heard of anyone getting their hair cut longer, in fairness :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*starts humming Twilight Zone music*

Yeh but what a mean is, if those images are backwards it looks like his hair is just growing backwards. Who gets their hair cut a little bit a time?

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Yeh but what a mean is, if those images are backwards it looks like his hair is just growing backwards. Who gets their hair cut a little bit a time?

Well, presumably the photos are taken a) over time and b) at different stages of hair growth.

He didn't lose all that weight in the space of a haircut either.

Well, presumably the photos are taken a) over time and b) at different stages of hair growth.

He didn't lose all that weight in the space of a haircut either.

I dunno, upon analysing the hair to fat ratio with my bull****rometer, I have come to conclusion that I'm right, and the pictures are in the right order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember when WoW first came out. Over half the regulars to the games forum on this site disapeared never to be heard from again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I remember when WoW first came out. Over half the regulars to the games forum on this site disapeared never to be heard from again.
    They pop up from time to time to say how they left the game and that its ****, then disappear again once the addiction kicks in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Is this a meeting of WA?
    Cos maybe I could do with a meeting, I've been clean like 15 months, totally not even installed and then my sister sent me a scroll of resurrection and I wasn't fussed but looked up my char in the treasury and kept thinking of all the fun and hours spent exploring and the places I haven't snuck into yet, and it's going to be a long summer with the kids of school and my new pc will make the game run a lot sweeter...
    halp!

• Advertisement

Just remember those hours of boredom waiting in Ironforge/Shattrath/Dalaran, those wolf paws that just wont drop even though they obviously have 4 paws when you kill them, the huge amount of retards, the swedish, gearscore, and all the other things that annoyed you about the game.

That generally works for me when i get a bit of an urge to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Never played WOW but LOTRO has sucked nearly 3 years of life from me that I will never get back and in that time I've gone from 10 stone to 14 stone :eek:
    Cant say may hair has changed though.

Slowly trying to ween myself off of it and back to single player games where you can just press pause or hit quit! instead of being jumped on by your make believe friends
    and raid leaders to go raiding all night 4 nights a week.
    its tough trying to get out of it though, 3 years spent
    pumping so much time into a character only to stop dead.

That south park episode make love not warcraft was
    a very very accurate and a little too accurate for comfort!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

bullets wrote: »
    Never played WOW but LOTRO has sucked nearly 3 years of life from me that I will never get back and in that time I've gone from 10 stone to 14 stone :eek:
    Cant say may hair has changed though.

Slowly trying to ween myself off of it and back to single player games where you can just press pause or hit quit! instead of being jumped on by your make believe friends
    and raid leaders to go raiding all night 4 nights a week.
    its tough trying to get out of it though, 3 years spent
    pumping so much time into a character only to stop dead.

That south park episode make love not warcraft was
    a very very accurate and a little too accurate for comfort!

~B

I saw that LOTRO went free and signed up for the beta. Sounds like perhaps it not such a good idea considering that my gf complains I play too much ps3 and my ph.d supervisor has me writing articles all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I don't see how someone can't play WoW and have a decent healthy lifestyle at the same time. Go for a run or go to the gym in the morning before work/college, then spend your evening playing your poison, just takes a bit of dedication which these people should have in abundance if they can put that much time into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I got an invite to the Cataclysm Alpha, and strangely its stopped me playing, after about 3 weeks of alpha. Haven't logged in since. :S

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I got an invite to the Cataclysm Alpha, and strangely its stopped me playing, after about 3 weeks of alpha. Haven't logged in since. :S
    Get ready for a few hundred pm's from people asking for your login details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Kiith wrote: »
    Get ready for a few hundred pm's from people asking for your login details :)

well ofc i won't be giving those away now - just in case the goo takes a hold of me again!, and when the new instances are patched in I'd like to give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

bad2dabone wrote: »

haha

that happen to me for Wotlk beta. Played for about three weeks and got so annoyed at how bad EU servers were so never logged back in. US severs ran fine, EU ones ran like a they were being held together by duct tape and the hamster inside was half dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My solution to stopping online prediction:
    Get a PS2, and only play offline games.

Or get a Wii, because YOU KNOW... ;)

Advertisement