If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" - 37" TV with Freesat

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I'm looking for a new tv and want to get a freesat setup aswell.
    I used to have a 28" CRT with an old Sky box for the FTA, but the tv finnally gave out a few days ago :(

I've seen this one on your website, but it is in store only, which doesn't suit me:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lf7700/lg-32lf77starstar

Do you have any others like it , or are LG the only company that make LCD/Freesat tv's in that size?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

<SNIP>

Mod Comment

Please see the Charter here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 and particularly the part that says:
    If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey
    I'm looking for a new tv and want to get a freesat setup aswell.
    I used to have a 28" CRT with an old Sky box for the FTA, but the tv finnally gave out a few days ago :(

I've seen this one on your website, but it is in store only, which doesn't suit me:

Do you have any others like it , or are LG the only company that make LCD/Freesat tv's in that size?

Thanks.

Scrubs,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately (really unfortunately) the 32LF7700 is now a finished line for us - there are only 10 left ex-display across the UK and we have sold all out display stock in Ireland.

We have no other Freesat HD 32's available at the moment - Panasonic do make a 32G20 however this is a UK model and does not have a UHF/VHF tuner so it's not ideal for use in the ROI.

The alternative is to get a decent 32" and then add a separate Freesat HD STB or even better a Freesat HD Recorder - if you would like some prices on this set-up drop me a line and I'll get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The alternative is to get a decent 32" and then add a separate Freesat HD STB or even better a Freesat HD Recorder - if you would like some prices on this set-up drop me a line and I'll get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, that seems the way to go allright.
    In your prof opinion, which is better, the Humax HDR or the Sagem PVR, I've heard that the Sagem is a bit noisy even for a PVR.

Also your best 32" or 37" tv for under or around 500 euro.

Thanks again.

Thanks John, that seems the way to go allright.
    In your prof opinion, which is better, the Humax HDR or the Sagem PVR, I've heard that the Sagem is a bit noisy even for a PVR.

Also your best 32" or 37" tv for under or around 500 euro.

Thanks again.

Chris,

Thanks a million for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have had one Sagemcom returned due to a noisy fan - out of 100's that we have now sold - so the returns rate to date of the Sagems is actually lower than Humax at the moment, which given the price differential is pretty amazing!

On the 32" front we have some great deals - the LG 32LH2000 is super value at £299.95 or the brand new Samsung LE 32 C450 at £299.95.

Alternatively we also have the Panasonic TXL32S10 - this is a full HD 32" LCD and we can do this at £389.95.

On the Sagemcom front we can do a Boardie special as follows:

Receiver: DSI86 - just £89.95

250GB Twin tuner Hard Drive: DTR94250 - £189.95

500Gb Twin tuner Hard Drive: DTR94500 - £209.95

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again John,

I should have been more specific with the tv description. :p
    Looking for one that is 1080p and mabey 100hz for sports and xbox.

Whats the best price you can give me on the SHARP AQUOS LC32LU700
    But can only find English/UK revews for the LC32LE700, whats with that?

Its a bit out of my price range, but I was passing by the Sony centre today and there LED backlight tv's are pretty good.
    I'll be heading to Harvey Norman tommorow to have hands on look at a couple of sets, and I will def be back to you then.

On the Freesat front, I think I'll go with the Humax HDR (€284.99, right?)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=840&results=true&keys=humax&c=1

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hi ScrubsfanChris.

The Sony 32LU700 is currently priced at £499.95 (We would need to order this screen in as we have no stock at present).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/sharp/aquos-lc32lu700/shar-lc32lu700

As all of our screens are UK versions that is why they would only have UK reviews. :(

The Humax PVR 320GB is priced at 284.99 Euro. (Stock on this should be arriving with us tomorrow)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=840&Results=true&keys=humax%20pvr%20

hi ScrubsfanChris.

The Sony 32LU700 is currently priced at £499.95 (We would need to order this screen in as we have no stock at present).
    Think you mean Sharp :D
    Would it cost extra to get one in?
    And can I get a quote for it + delivery to Cork in Euro please.

Is the 32LU700 the same as the 32LE700, the LU/LE just defining regions of something.
    If so, I think the picture on your website is that of the 32LE600, a completly different model:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/sharp-lc-32le600e-647920/review

Then again I might be wrong :p

Another quick one.

The Samsung LE37B530, can that be at all delivered?
    Also, whats the difference between the LE37B530 and LE37B550 models.

Thanks.

Hey ScrubsfanChris.

Yip it should have said Sharp :confused:

The 32LU700 woud not cost any extra for us to order in. (How every stock is now reaching critical levels).

I have checked to find a difference between the LU700 and the LE700 with no luck:

32LU700:
    http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/gb/hs.xsl/-/html/product-archive.htm?product=LC32LU700E

32LE700:
    http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/gb/hs.xsl/-/html/lcd-tv.htm

The pictures on the UK website are all done by our head office in England, I can check with them to see if the picture is correct.

The Samung LE37B530 have now finished and is listed as "LAST FEW" on the website. (No More Stock Will Be Availalbe). We also do not have any stock of the 550 version which is the replacement for the 530.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Just came across your post, Sony manufacture a range of freesat TV's W5810 and V5810 range. See my post here.

• Advertisement

The Cush wrote: »
    Just came across your post, Sony manufacture a range of freesat TV's W5810 and V5810 range. See my post here.

Cush,

thanks for that - I may be incorrect however I thought that Sony had discontinued their Freesat range - I know that they are a finished line for us anyway.

Thanks for the post,

ATb,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

thanks for that - I may be incorrect however I thought that Sony had discontinued their Freesat range - I know that they are a finished line for us anyway.

Still part of the Sony UK range. A great replacement tv for the Irish viewer who doesn't want Sky, UPC or another STB (and compatible with Irish DTT).

The Cush wrote: »
    Still part of the Sony UK range. A great replacement tv for the Irish viewer who doesn't want Sky, UPC or another STB (and compatible with Irish DTT).

Agreed - but even Sony are now showing every 5810 model as unavailable on that link you have - if you guys can find one at a decent price I would say fire ahead for sure.

ATB,

John Mc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

The Cush,

I'm sure your posts are intended to be helpful, but please read the Charter - this is not a routine discussion forum and one person's post on this thread has already been snipped for intervening needlessly. This is a commercial forum, queries posted here are for Richersounds to answer. If someone posts a query on the Home Entertainment or other forums then feel free to dispense advice, but the same situation does not apply here.

In the usual run of things I would have snipped your first post here, but as John has answered the point I'm leaving the posts stand. If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to PM me (in line with the Charter) but please do not use this thread to discuss the issue.

Mod Comment to other posters:

Please take note of the Charter and leave query threads such as these for RS to answer.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Hi John & Co

I'm ready to buy something this time..

Looking for 32" with inbuilt freesat and native support for irish DTT - is there anything available at the moment now that the World Cup is over?

Thanks

Hi Homer911.

The only screen available to us at the moment which has all that you are looking for would be the LG 32LF7700 which is priced at £399.95 (Limited Stock)

Hope this is of help :)

Ouch! Thats up £50 since May/June

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055909710

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055929933

and it seems to be collect only from Belfast!

Let me know if/when you can do it at the original GBP price (incl bracket and delivery) and you have a sale..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Homer.

The situation with this TV is that LG appear to not be releasing freesat models this year and according to our guys in the know, the likelyhood of this TV dropping again in price is slim.

This is due to the fact that LG do not have loads of stock that we can get deals on.

It may drop when the model is finished but at that stage, we may not have any left.

It's up to you, but if you like the look of this TV and it ticks all the boxes, I would be concerned that you may miss it, if you wait too long.

I currently have stock.

ATB

Dave

homer911 wrote: »
    Ouch! Thats up £50 since May/June

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055909710

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055929933

and it seems to be collect only from Belfast!

Homer,

apologies again for the dleay getting back to you - in addition to what Dave has said, we can deliver that 32LF7700 if required,

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭championc

homer911 wrote: »
    Hi John & Co

I'm ready to buy something this time..

Looking for 32" with inbuilt freesat and native support for irish DTT - is there anything available at the moment now that the World Cup is over?

Thanks

Hi John & Co.

I too am interested in replacing my TV. I like the Sony's but believe the remote is a bid crowded / fiddly. I am interested in a 37" with FreesatHD capability and support for Irish DTT, UK Freeview (non HD) and 1080p. I know there's only one single Panasonic with FreesatHD and FreeviewHD. I have NO need for VHF, just a UHF tuner so I'm sure this open up my options greatly. A nice to have would be one with Internet Capability to try and future proof (if there's such a word)

Many thanks

Cormac

Homer,

apologies again for the dleay getting back to you - in addition to what Dave has said, we can deliver that 32LF7700 if required,

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

PM sent

Bump - no reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Do you have a 32LF7700 in stock - either for collection or delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Bumping for reply - on holidays, but checking boards occasionally;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Fat-Tony & Homer911

Sorry you seem to have been lost in the flood of messages guys....

I've just checked Richers stock levels on that TV and it appears they only have the display model in stock.

However they do have a few customer orders against this model which leads me to believe that they expect them back in stock some time soon.

I've sent a message to Belfast asking when this TV is due back in stock and will post up when I have received an answer.

If you like buzz the guys on 0044 333 900 0070.

cheers

Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.