Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any summer festivals on this weekend????

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

any suggestions on where to go next weekend with the rally on in letterkenny and the ques endless anyfestivals on??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

There is a match making festival thing on in Donegal town all next weekend. That should be a good craic with a gang of lads. Donegal town is around half an hour from Letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

rushnaldo wrote: »
    There is a match making festival thing on in Donegal town all next weekend. That should be a good craic with a gang of lads. Donegal town is around half an hour from Letterkenny

Donegal town is only 1/2 hour away from letterkenny if you travelling by helicopter, lol, in reality its about 50 mins - an hour....

I never heard of this festival before now, care to share any more info, as im sure there'd be a good few people reading the donegal boards that dispise the rally (although im not one of them) and would love an alternative to letterkenny to go out in over rally weekend!

OP its all about timing if your going out in letterkenny, if you get into a place early enough, before the messers (the plagues giving the sport i love a bad name) come back into the town again, there should be no bother with Q's, but i duno why for the life of me anyone would want to go out cos its usually like a cattle mart!

I would suggest one place though , the orchard up high road, its only just reopened and the rally messers dont normally tend to go up that way (for some strange reason) although there is an add in the rally program for there this year so dont shoot me if im wrong!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

ive made it to Donegal town in around 30mins lots of times ;)

inode wrote: »
    ive made it to Donegal town in around 30mins lots of times ;)

From letterkenny? its about 50 KM's isnt it? taking in B'bofey and all you'd need to be doing well over the speed limit to it in 30 mins? most of the time the computer on my car tells me in doing an average of 33ish MPH and i dont be holding back most of the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

List of events here that is on in Donegal yeah
    http://www.donegaldirect.ie/ws_events.aspx?Section=Festivals+%26+Events

Yeah 30-40 minutes no bother at your ease to Donegal from LK. Its giving a bit of a heatwave coming in all this week here too happy days all round:)

• Advertisement

i doubt i may get out the zimmer frame and i thought i was a fast driver, lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

The Rally usually has a much lesser following this past few years due to recession. I'd imagine the Orchard, given its connection to the pro-rally Pulse will be busy too and be looking for extra food business.

The towen shouldn't be too bad during the day when stages are all out of town but roads will be very busy around teatime each evening as the cars and spectators get back.

I can make Donegal Town in about 30 min too depending on Ballybofey and whether some slow driver holds back a queue through the Letterkenny side of the gap which seems more prevelant theys days.

Having said that, I'd say there will be plenty of traffic corps around this weekend so I'd take it handy if I were you in any case no matter where.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The Rally usually has a much lesser following this past few years due to recession. I'd imagine the Orchard, given its connection to the pro-rally Pulse will be busy too and be looking for extra food business.

The towen shouldn't be too bad during the day when stages are all out of town but roads will be very busy around teatime each evening as the cars and spectators get back.

I can make Donegal Town in about 30 min too depending on Ballybofey and whether some slow driver holds back a queue through the Letterkenny side of the gap which seems more prevelant theys days.

Having said that, I'd say there will be plenty of traffic corps around this weekend so I'd take it handy if I were you in any case no matter where.

Thank God for traffic cops then . Speed limits are there for a reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Right! We've gone off the straight and narrow here.

"any summer festivals on this weekend" is the topic so can we stick to that please?

Advertisement