Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a C3 in Ordinary Maths, What you reckon?

• 13-06-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Paper one was pretty pox for me anyway, only really got to part c in question one and couldnt even do the part 2 of that!
    got through most of the part a's and b's of the other questions (some were still shocking) so hopefully got enough marks.

Say for paper 2 tomorrow, Ive been doing linear programming all day today and I know it pretty well now so say I nail that question,
    then do decent in the line, ok in the circle, ok in trigonometry and then decent in statistics and then decent in area & volume do you reckon ill get the C3?

By decent I mean getting through the a's and b's relatively well then allowing for attempt marks or just a crap question c.

Not counting maths at all just need the C3 for my course

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Same - need a c3 and did **** in p1, it was too hard for an OL paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

forgot to add I failed my maths mock so Im rightly pooing my pants at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Lads, all you can do is your best. I'm not even thinking about the consequences of not doing well. Just gonna try my hardest when I get the paper in front of me. You can't really judge your result, realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If all else fails, just nail each question for attempt marks. After that, there's little more you can do...

paper 2 is usually a better paper for nailing marks at, even if it is that bit harder. There's no reason why anyone shouldn't get at least 40 marks in section B alone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Im the same... Except I need a B3 :(

• Advertisement

I think I should be able to do fairly ok im the a's and b's but the c's are all about the attempt marks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Couldn't imagine NEEDING a b3, i'd be crapping myself going in even! I got a c3 in the mocks with no study, but I felt the paper was much harder than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i need a c3 as well! i did **** in p1 and only got a few c's :(
    ive been doing vectors and i kno em pretty well and same with question 1 and 2 and 3 + stats but i dont know how to do probability but i canttt do trig

and for the mocks i failed so bad

Might just write the examiner a note with my contact details and 50 quid taped to the page beside it promising more for the C3... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Mau5 wrote: »
    Might just write the examiner a note with my contact details and 50 quid taped to the page beside it promising more for the C3... :p

lol then you get no grade in math and no chance to repeat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sazdestar

I need a B3 for my back up course.. paper1 was alryt but paper 2 is my worst so lets cross our fingers its an easy paper...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

I need a B2 for a UL course. With a crap paper 1, I'm not so confident. However, UL does offer a special maths exam during the summer if you didn't get the B2. I may be doing that....

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yeh I know how you feel :(
    I need a B3 and I haven't studied this since the mocks. Did well in the mocks and then just pretty much forgot about it to focus on my other higher subjects. Felt the paper on Friday was hard enough so I'm freaking out now because I have a choice to study history or do maths. I'm screwed for history and have to do that over maths. It was such a weird paper on Friday, felt like a mock or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

The only hope I have of getting my B3 is that im doing project maths paper 2 tomorrow which hopefully will be piss easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

. I'm not even thinking about the consequences of not doing well.
    thats all thats on my mind. In theory, I can get 600 points(wont happen) but not get my course because I didnt get a c3 in maths

Advertisement