Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build recomandations

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hey guys can anybody suggest to me a build that has a usb 3.0 motherboard and can run GTA 4 on medium or better that is under €550 (incl. shipping and taxes) thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Depends on what parts you need but odds are the USB3 mobo itself would help knock you out of that low budget :o At the moment its still a premium feature for early adopters :(

If you don't need monitor or OS I'd go for one of the current budget builds on the BGB thread and swap out the existing mobo for an 890GX with USB3 built in. It might knock you out of budget though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Solitaire wrote: »
    Depends on what parts you need but odds are the USB3 mobo itself would help knock you out of that low budget :o At the moment its still a premium feature for early adopters :(

Would it be easy to add the USB 3.0 ports in at a later stage? I was looking at the build you made in the budget gaming thread and its looks sweet :) Would it be able to run GTA 4? Are you sure that the PSU will be enough and everything is compatible like the CPU would fit into the CPU pins because I might order it after my junior cert is over :D thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Would it be easy to add the USB 3.0 ports in at a later stage? I was looking at the build you made in the budget gaming thread and its looks sweet :) Would it be able to run GTA 4? Are you sure that the PSU will be enough and everything is compatible like the CPU would fit into the CPU pins because I might order it after my junior cert is over :D thanks
    I think there are some PCIe cards with the nec chip that will give you two USB3 ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

OK so here is my build so far which is based off Solitaires build.
    I was jut looking at the motherboard page and it says that the processors supported are: "Phenom II X3, Phenom II X2, Phenom II X4" Will the AMD athalon I am going to buy be compatible with the mobo?

http://img.webme.com/pic/w/wiis/build.jpg

Advertisement