Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Mural & Exhibition @ The Boardroom skate & bike shop, Greystones.

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey all,

here's a few picks from an exhibition that is currently running in The Boardroom skate & bike shop, main st, Greystones, Co. Wicklow.
    Its a solo exhibition by Bray based skateboarder & artist and human pyramids collective member and Waterford municipal collections newest acquisition, Philip Evans.

For those who can't make it down I'll use the realm of internets to give you a walk through of the show. The show runs for one week only- daily in the Boardroom, (turn left out of Greystones DART station, last shop on the left) from 10am to 6pm until and including Saturday 19th of June.

Before I begin the tour internet tour, here's a summarised context- The show is about mob mentality and how people's fears of what everyone might think can get in the way of their dreams or their true self. I used multiple homogeneous characters to form over-bearing figures so as you pass through the space you get the feeling of being outnumbered and small. A lot of the canvas works point to how the mob can be omnipresent, but the inclusion of some inspirational and unshakeable characters like George Hook & Eamon Dunphy show that the mob's opinion is only as big or important as you make it yourself.

For those who like what they see or want to leave feedback feel free to drop me a mail: aul.pups@gmail.com

P1000504.jpg

The mural begins on the outside
    P1000589.jpg

and creeps in..
    P1000584-1.jpg

..the view from the entrance (lunge optional)
    P1000572-1.jpg

the view from the bottom of the first flight of stairs (lunge obligatory)
    P1000574.jpg

looking down from the first flight of stairs
    P1000567-2.jpg

The main wall
    P1000562.jpg

Top flight of stairs
    P1000529-1.jpg

Top corner
    P1000556.jpg

Here's a small selection of the work on sale:

"welcome to the house of grim"
    P1000501.jpg

"Zero hour"
    P1000503.jpg

"Unswayed: Hook"
    P1000496.jpg

"Unswayed: Dunphy"
    P1000497.jpg

"Unswayed: McGowan"
    P1000498.jpg

"Bus stop blues"
    P1000492.jpg

I can post more images if you like, but it would be great to see more people in while the show is up for the next week.

All queries here: aul.pups@gmail.com

Advertisement