Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to add En-Suite to converted attic?

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭

We're looking to add an en-suite to a converted attic. We have a pipe plumbed with mains fed water to the corner where the en-suite would be, have a velux window, and are right beside the main waste pipe (it runs alongside the chimney in the centre of a semi-d house).

I'm about to run a 10sq cable to above the fuse board to power an electric shower.

As far as I can see, it should (mostly) be a case of:
    • Plumb hot water
    • Build walls
    • Plumb toilet/shower
    • Attach to waste
    • Wire electric shower
    • Tile

Any rough estimates?

Comments

I could be wrong on this but you may need a pump of some sort for the hot water as the pressure will drop as the water is flowing up, i have a mate who has a converted attic with en suite and the hot water pressure in it is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

shaaane wrote: »
    I could be wrong on this but you may need a pump of some sort for the hot water as the pressure will drop as the water is flowing up, i have a mate who has a converted attic with en suite and the hot water pressure in it is brutal.

I think so too, I don't think there's enough head on the tank for the basin hot, but a plumber could probably advise me properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

No one has any idea? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

3 grand ish?

Advertisement