Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AISTE (HL)

• 13-06-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am going to prepare essays for Politicians and Problems of Young People

What the hell can I talk about in each essay??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

I am going to prepare essays for Politicians and Problems of Young People

What the hell can I talk about in each essay??

politicians.
    3 reasons why no one trusts them anyomre.
    blame them for everything wrong with the education/health systems.
    explain that no one wants to go into politics because they set a bad example.

young people....

Drink.....drugs.....stress...exams....etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Aisling x

they're the essays i'm doing too...
    for the young people i mentioned the generation gap, education system, peer pressure and the media and its influences...
    for politicians it's like the lack of leadership, cutbacks, young people not voting cos of lack of confidence...bit of recession and blame them...

good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

daoine oga....
    say how the pressures make them turn to drink/drugs even worse there is a high percentage of suicide amoung the young
    then how the education system puts presure on us to get high points nd the fact there was talk about 3rd level fees coming back
    then the role of the media on the youth... how they are pressured to be fashionable and girls want to be thin like the celebs they see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

I have the same two essay prepared! I know my essay on problems with young people! I am going to learn politicians and unemployment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TurkishNeon

I am really struggling to write a 3 page answer, I just can't find enough points and seem to run out of steam pretty quickly.
    I am starting to worry about tomorrow now, I think I am going to leave the Politics essay and just do Daoine Oige

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

3 pages? i doesnt have to be 3 pages just 2 i think? well thats all most of mine were! i got 80% in the mock in my essay nd it wasnt cuz of lenght i was deducted it was for a few grammer mistakes sure the more you write the more mistakes you make! the essay should be 500-600 words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TurkishNeon

bubblz wrote: »
    3 pages? i doesnt have to be 3 pages just 2 i think? well thats all most of mine were! i got 80% in the mock in my essay nd it wasnt cuz of lenght i was deducted it was for a few grammer mistakes sure the more you write the more mistakes you make! the essay should be 500-600 words!

Awh really, thank God. I am really struggling with ways to pad out this essay, what can you write about Politicians??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

for my essay on polateoiri, i talk about the recession ..how they caused it, the developers et, then i talk about corruption, problem of drugs and alcohol - lack of social facilities etc. , and finally the education system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

learn fabhanna soisiilata... and then say young people are all alcoholics etc etc etc.. or blame the politicians for the drinking drugs fighting etc etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I have essays for politics, unemployment, the recession and drugs done and I know points for fabhanna soisialta/daoine oga. I really hope that's enough, they wouldn't pull a fast one on us, would they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

frser32 wrote: »
    for my essay on polateoiri, i talk about the recession ..how they caused it, the developers et, then i talk about corruption, problem of drugs and alcohol - lack of social facilities etc. , and finally the education system.

What's the Irish word you use for corruption? Looked it up in the dictionary but a word it gives translates as bribery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

student01 wrote: »
    What's the Irish word you use for corruption? Looked it up in the dictionary but a word it gives translates as bribery.

Camileireachta!

I can't remember if that's the right way to spell it though...

Enid. wrote: »
    Camileireachta!

I can't remember if that's the right way to spell it though...

Caimiléireacht is cheating.

Edit: I just used an online translator and it said corbadh so I'll use that
    Truailliú was also mentioned in the dictionary but I've never seen it used for corruption before... only pollution

camileireacht is corruption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Only have 2 learned now :eek: It's gonna be a long night tonight and tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 leavingcert92

ok so I havent learned any essays yet but I'm thinking..

polaiteoirí
    inimirce
    fadhbanna daoine oga

maybe a bit on sport (world cup) and perhaps timpeallact?

do you think I'm covered with these??:confused:

anything I could leave out?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 a05bf1aa

Caimileareacht came up as a sceal on a past paper.
    Could someone please inform me if they know what possible sceal might appear, or what ones appeared on the mocks? Getting so nervous now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

What should you do if you can't understand any of the essay titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

People calm the fúck down, we'll all be grand!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Am I the only that's gonna make something up on the day?

when you go in...first thing you do is write down all your essay titles that you have prepared, then look at your titles, and see how you can integrate what you have learned into the title! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Me too, I'm too lazy to even bother tryin to learn something off now :(

No, I'll probably be doing that too :)
    I don't know where all these predictions are coming from because essay titles can be so random... my friend that did the lc last year learned all the same essays that have been mentioned here and only the Celtic Tiger came up.
    I have loads of essays but I'm just learning phrases and stuff, but if the predictions don't come up I'm happy enough to make something up

Advertisement