Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase marks for part A & B OL Maths?

• 13-06-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

As the title says.
    Heard off my friend today because of the difficulty of paper 1 this year theyll be boosting the marks for part a and b, is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I don't know haven't heard that.
    They'll probably decide at the conference held for correctors to review the marking scheme.
    Q6c will probably be altered anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

hopefully they do they bloody better !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

They could do, it's happened before - depends how many people do badly on part c. They'll just swap around marks a bit.

If it's usually 10/20/20, it could end up 15/20/15 or 15/25/10, all depends how everyone did over-all, and what the marking scheme is like/altered to

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Judging by what i've seen here and the general consensus, Q1(c) will undoubtedly be altered. Way too many people came out of that exam on Friday saying they couldn't do that part of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Burswood wrote: »
    Judging by what i've seen here and the general consensus, Q1(c) will undoubtedly be altered. Way too many people came out of that exam on Friday saying they couldn't do that part of the question.

1 (c) was easy. I got full marks in the whole question. Can't say the same for some of the other C's though. If you want I could do it out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I agree. 1(c) was easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Have they done this before in OL maths? What year?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

And also, I keep reading rumours of the marking scheme being changed because someones "friend" said so. We need a proper source before we get our hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Burswood wrote: »

Rate of interest was 4%.

Starting money was 5500.

Really wasn't that hard ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Paper one wasn't that difficult? :confused: why do people keep saying that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement