Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the difference between bakery nuts and normal nuts?

Options
  • 13-06-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

For example in dunnes its 89 cents for 100 grammes of cashews that say they are for baking compared to 1.50 for 100 grammes of normal ones. I'm presuming maybe the quality isnt as good? They look the same to me though. I've noticed this in tesco as well. Anyone know?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

baking ones are raw, otherwise they are roasted for eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

oh that's why :) Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think they are a lower quality, like cooking chocolate, and they might have more moisture. I have gotten baking brazils and pecans and they did seem more moist without as much bite, still grand though.

In my tesco they have nuts in about 6 sections and the pricing is all over the place, some baking ones are dearer than unsalted ones meant for eating straight.

Advertisement