Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

organisation help!

• 13-06-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Im only in fifth year and I've already built up a huge amount of stuff!
    Whats the best ways of organising material?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

buy a folder?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Dude. You're on holidays for three months. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Seriously do you 5th years understand the concept of holidays? Chill out enjoy yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

well Im in the process of trying to sort out all my school stuff and I just want to get some sort of system in place to make next year easier. Plus Im still having to work over the summer as Im taking up an extra subject, so this is why I ask.

Well i have an english pile, a maths pile and so on so forth. When I need something i just upend the pile, I'd recommend not doing that, subject specific folders is a way better idea.

But seriously if you insist on working over the summer it better only be for an hour or two a week, you need the break. I can't emphasize that enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Buy a folder for each subject and dedicate a pocket to a topic. For example, in my Geography folder, I had a pocket for "Plate Tectonics", "Rocks", "GDA and BMW", "Mezzogiorno" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I hope you're COMPLETELY pulling the piss saying you're doing work over the Summer?? Seriously...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Seriously, just take the Summer off where possible. Summer of 5th year was the best Summer of my life so far, possibly the best three months of my life. Sixth year is like a prison camp so don't burn yourself out too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

DUDE! Do you need like 7000 points? Man relax you only really need to study a few months before if u want A's. If you need around 400+ (me) then listen in class and look over the stuff for the mocks and then a few weeks before your lc.

I NEED to pick up an extra subject...surely its better to put in a bit of work now considerin I have loads of free time and get a bit of it out of the way before september?Im still goin out at the weekends, meetin up with friends etc but I couldnt get a job this year so I dohave a lot of free time

• Advertisement

What is the extra subject and why are you picking it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

I NEED to pick up an extra subject...surely its better to put in a bit of work now considerin I have loads of free time and get a bit of it out of the way before september?Im still goin out at the weekends, meetin up with friends etc but I couldnt get a job this year so I dohave a lot of free time

Depends on what subject it is. I have an extra subject too which is my mother language which makes it a fair bit easier than a ''proper'' subject.
    Ok its good u go out. was scared u were gona study only lol :confused:

chemistry...Im terrible at french but I need high points. I like chemistry, my aunt is a chem teacher and shes givin me grinds, and I will probably be able to join the chem class in september if I have the basics covered. Im much more of a science person, love it and want to do something to do with science in college. Already do biology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Destroy the notes. All of them. You'll get new ones next year, and they take up unecessary space. You will never look at most of them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

isnt' it common sense?? buy a folder(s) and file your stuff away. and why the hell do you care your on summer holidays!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Chem is easy to pick up, I didn't have a clue before the mocks, then 1 grind a week (with my aunt, who is also a chem teacher, lol) since then and I did the two mocks again, got A1s. It's not difficult, don't waste too much of your summer on it, have some fun, you won't get too many chances for that next year if you're the type to be doing work over the summer.

chemistry...Im terrible at french but I need high points. I like chemistry, my aunt is a chem teacher and shes givin me grinds, and I will probably be able to join the chem class in september if I have the basics covered. Im much more of a science person, love it and want to do something to do with science in college. Already do biology

You are an absolute effin' ejit if ever I saw one, muckin' around and adding to your workload is the stupidest thing you could ever do. It will only take points from you. Last year I had 9 subjects, it was hell and i didn't do particularly well. This year i have 6, its been so much less stress and I can tell already my points will go up. I can tell by the way your talking your only trying to duck out of a bit more work at a language you dislike, even the fact you don't know if you can join the class is a sign this s obviously not a very good idea. Get over it.

P.S. Biology is not a science!! Physics, now theres a science!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

You are an absolute effin' ejit if ever I saw one, muckin' around and adding to your workload is the stupidest thing you could ever do. It will only take points from you. Last year I had 9 subjects, it was hell and i didn't do particularly well. This year i have 6, its been so much less stress and I can tell already my points will go up. I can tell by the way your talking your only trying to duck out of a bit more work at a language you dislike, even the fact you don't know if you can join the class is a sign this s obviously not a very good idea. Get over it.

P.S. Biology is not a science!! Physics, now theres a science!
    Agree 100%. And anyway, the only bad part of French is the oral imo. Also agree with that bit about Physics.:P

Advertisement