Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Super street fighter 4

• 13-06-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Just bought it. Its good but oh so hard to be good at.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

street fighter = sore thumbs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Very good game. And yes, tricky to get good at...That's the beauty of it though - plenty of depth. Most can pick it up, throw out the odd special but then there are added layers right up to people knowing frame data and taking top finishes in tournaments.

Lads in the fighting game forum might be worth talking to. Also, check streetfighter.ie for upcoming tournaments. If you're in Dublin, there are casual sessions too.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Just bought it. Its good but oh so hard to be good at.

Super Carpel Tunnel Syndrome the game as I call it.
    This edition of the franchise is really hard on the hands so much more than the other editions, I should know I've been playing Street Fighter since 1993 and I own most versions of it.
    When playing online it becomes really frenetic and damages my poor gnarled fingers greatly... Still though I think its a great game, wish I was 16 again so I could find the time to master it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

If you use an arcade stick that should help with gnarled hand syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Silverfish wrote: »

Exactly! The problem is that you're playing on pad, not that the game is bad on fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Very good game. And yes, tricky to get good at...That's the beauty of it though - plenty of depth. Most can pick it up, throw out the odd special but then there are added layers right up to people knowing frame data and taking top finishes in tournaments.

Lads in the fighting game forum might be worth talking to. Also, check streetfighter.ie for upcoming tournaments. If you're in Dublin, there are casual sessions too.

cheers for that. There really is a lot to it.
    Silverfish wrote: »

I think its a must soon my thumb is ****in killin me!
    animaX wrote: »
    Exactly! The problem is that you're playing on pad, not that the game is bad on fingers.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I think its a must soon my thumb is ****in killin me!

Good articles here and here if you're interested!

Advertisement