Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to move to London to work in the day and study at night

Options
  • 13-06-2010 5:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

hows it going,im a musicians and i have a strong passion for music and i want to make a career out of it because i love it so much and the place i want to be in the in the centre of london.im into fashion aswell and all that social scene aswell and thats another plus for wanting to move to london.im only 19 and i didnt go to collage this because i couldnt afford it and having family issues etc my origional plan was to find a job when i got out of school and work and save and eventually move to follow my dream but in the hard times we are in now i couldnt find a job f,only got a job in the perfume shop doing deliveries at 5 in the morning till 12 in the day just over the christmas but i cant seem to find another job no matter how hard i try.i was offered my job back at the end of september in my old job (perfume shop) and im going to take it if i cant get another full time job (FT hours)so i can save and go over.im not one for draining the system of ireland but i had no choice to sign on to the dole for job seekers allowance i signed on on the 9th of febuary and iv been signing on every month now and i havent received a payment yet so i will be getting my payments back dated so i plan to pay my mam back with rent and money i ou to people and save the money from the job ill be getting back in septemeber and save and save and move next summer.

my main question is how would i go about finding a place to stay?and how would i go about finding a flat mate etc to share with ? i would like a nice place not a **** hole , i hope to have enough rent for a good place for 3 months so i have my rent covered for 3 months while i try find my feet with a job etc in london

if someone could share their own experience on moving and living in london that would be great :)

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

We moved over in January in the middle of the snow blizzard, that was fun! There is/was a london forum that I found great for getting information for moving over here but it went down when boards was hacked and it's not fully back up and there's talk of the whole .org site being taken down and brought into the .ie site.

PM Fysh http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=23988 - he is/was the mod for the London forum and puts the London Beers together. He had a very good post with lots of info for people moving over that he might be able to PM to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ztoical wrote: »
    PM Fysh http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=23988 - he is/was the mod for the London forum and puts the London Beers together. He had a very good post with lots of info for people moving over that he might be able to PM to you.
    That forum is back. Link here. The info page is @ http://www.boardsgroup.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30783

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

would i be aloud re do my port on that site??? like just basically changed this post to that site

and cheers for getting back to me lads

http://londonschoolofsound.co.uk/index.php

this is the collage i would like to go to its in islington

i should add i want to be around the music scene atc make new friends etc

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    would i be aloud re do my port on that site??? like just basically changed this post to that site
    Aye. Can't see why not.

ok kool cheers guys

ps how do you get the pictures below your userbame??

ok kool cheers guys

ps how do you get the pictures below your userbame??
    Look near the top left of the page, and see "User CP". Go into it, and click on the "Edit Avatar" button on the left hand side. Pick one :D

cheers dude i thought you had to be a moderator :)

here iv picked alittle picture buts it not going under my name

• Advertisement

here iv picked alittle picture buts it not going under my name
    It's under your name now. Looks like a black cat with a white mouth.

aww right its not appearing for me though ??

aww right its not appearing for me though ??
    Delete your cache. Google your browser and "deleting cache" to find out how.

Advertisement