Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Booklets?

• 13-06-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Anybody know if your can write in your exam booklet before the actual exam paper is given out?
    Say if you had a few maths formulae learnt could you just write them down on the booklet before the exam paper is given to you?
    Don't want to do it with out checking it out just incase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

I'd say you can but I'm not sure, also you get most of the formula in the log tables.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm not sure, but it sure is tempting. We are given out our booklets nearly 5 minutes before the question sheets are given out. At that stage people are still talking to each other so I'm not sure it would be allowed.

I'd say the worst they could do is take it off you and give you a new one, but I'd be too afraid to try it myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

wrote:
    ECTION XI. - CONDUCT OF CANDIDATES DURING EXAMINATIONS
    62. No candidate shall write his/her name on any answer book or other paper
    supplied. The candidate’s number should be entered on every envelope, answer book,
    map, drawing, or sheet of square paper used.
    Candidates should not commence writing until instructed to do so by the
    Superintendent.

This help? Sorry its not the answer you wanted..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Another question: Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it's related and I didn't want to start a whole new one.

Can you ask the superintendents for multiple extra booklets at the start of the exam. In accounting, I like to do my workings on a separate sheet so I can have it in front of me while doing accounts. At the start of the exam, could I put up my hand and ask him for like 3 extra sheets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Aisling1992

im sure you could ask them. they would give them to you id say. the worst they can say is no so its worth asking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I think they have to give 1 sheet at at time.. so you'll have to put your hand up 3 times in a row technically I think... not 100% sure on this but if you request extra paper there shouldn't be a problem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Aisling1992

Does yer examiner give ye those treasury tag things to secure extras pieces of paper? ours doesnt and im kinda afraid that they will fall out :S

Went through the rules i don't think it matters so long as you hand it up with your real answer book. Considering they wont let you rip pages out I think its the least they can do..

Does yer examiner give ye those treasury tag things to secure extras pieces of paper? ours doesnt and im kinda afraid that they will fall out :S

Ask for them I would be too. We got them in geography but not in any other subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

The exam suprevisor I had last year was an auld fart who Im convinced was deaf. Anyway, most of the class wrote formulas etc into their books before beginning. If you can get away with it without being caught, so be it. Our ES took out his camera during one exam and started looking through photos, with a loud beep everytime he changed the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

Another question: Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it's related and I didn't want to start a whole new one.

Can you ask the superintendents for multiple extra booklets at the start of the exam. In accounting, I like to do my workings on a separate sheet so I can have it in front of me while doing accounts. At the start of the exam, could I put up my hand and ask him for like 3 extra sheets?

you sure can first thing my whole room does is get extra paper and booklets
    saves you the 5 mins of waiting for it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

yes you can in deeeed...! i planned out my whole t.s eliot essay out before we got the exam paper...it was very handy because i could work straight away then... thank god t.s eliot came up.. or i would have loooked like soommme foool ! hoe this helped... X

Advertisement