Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Router model

• 13-06-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Can desire owners tell me what type of wireless router they are using to connect to wifi ?

I have an eircom supplied Motorola Netopia 2247-62 atm but have had issues with the phone on the wifi network, vodafone sent it away to be tested and say there is nothing wrong with it, so going to try and change the router to see if that works. So basically want to know which ones are know to work before i buy one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Linksys WRT54GL here with DD-WRT firmware, works flawlessly with 2 laptops and the Desire. I'd recommend it if you can pick one up cheap (around 50-60 pounds on amazon.co.uk).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

What exactly is the problem?
    You not connecting? Dropping connections??
    What settings are you using?
    WEP, WPA etc

BTW, I'm using it with "possibly the worst router in the world" :D
    The Cisco 2425 that UPC provide.
    Its working perfectly with it, although if you look through the broadband board, you will see how bad this router is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    What exactly is the problem?
    You not connecting? Dropping connections??
    What settings are you using?
    WEP, WPA etc

BTW, I'm using it with "possibly the worst router in the world" :D
    The Cisco 2425 that UPC provide.
    Its working perfectly with it, although if you look through the broadband board, you will see how bad this router is!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055924212

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Ah! That thread!
    I still stick by my original statement in that thread. Your phone is faulty. Guaranteed.
    Just because Vodafone says it isn't, don't take THAT as gospel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Ah! That thread!
    I still stick by my original statement in that thread. Your phone is faulty. Guaranteed.
    Just because Vodafone says it isn't, don't take THAT as gospel!

Well, they have had it 2 weeks, due back tomorrow, terrible customer service, but thats another story.

I will get a new router and try it, lots of stuff about issues with nexus1 on wifi and changing the router helped, thing is i tried it in my mothers and it had the same issues, but she also has the same router.

At least if i eliminate it i can go back to them again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement