Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

George Lee gets his feet back under the table

• 13-06-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

The Business RTEs rather "quirky" business digest on Saturdays is going to be chaired by George Lee under a new name. Apparently John Murray will move to Morning Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus, he wasnt long licking stamps was he. I'm very very disappointed in George, who I had a lot of respect for him. He should have stayed the two years til the end of the term at least, having been elected. When things got tough, he just ran back to RTE with his tail between his legs. He's a joke at this stage..

From the look of the RTE news, Enda Kenny might well be co presenting by the end of the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thank god never havent like RTE business show for yonks. Business is serious business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'd be the opposite, I enjoy The Business' casual style, will be sorry to see John Murray go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

will George hit the streets phoning the numbers written on the back of Vans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I liked John Murray, his very relaxed style made the business show easy listening

I think George should have been left in the basement a while longer, if he hung on in FG a bit longer he could have been boss tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Barname wrote: »
    will George hit the streets phoning the numbers written on the back of Vans?

Yeah, he can start with this one:
    315961438_3986078e21.jpg

Probably get his teeth knocked out for his trouble. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I like The Business, but i sometimes found Murray a bit gimmicky, he tends to over do the jokes at the start of the show, also there was a recent show where he did work experience in a hotel...getting alarm calls from the boss telling him he was late, come on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I wonder is he taking the 9-10 am slot. That would be a good replacement for tubs.
    Then again, a dripping tap would be better than tubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

So you don't mind being preached to by a Fine Gael hack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I thought Lee was just taking over for the summer? The show has massive audience so RTE will hardly change the show totally.

So you don't mind being preached to by a Fine Gael hack?

It's better than the party-line propaganda from a FF lacky.

Edit: Sorry, i meant Murray taking over 9-10 not Lee,

Poly wrote: »
    It's better than the party-line propaganda from a FF lacky.

Edit: Sorry, i meant Murray taking over 9-10 not Lee,

Murray was involved with the FF press office if I recollect correctly.

Packed in and went to china with the mott who was in the media.

came back and got a job in RTE.......;) uhmmmmm

Shakes head.:D

Are you suggesting that FF would have influence in the independent, tax payer funded, license fee approved by the govt. state broadcaster?

AAAhh jaysus!!!

Weeeherk it out foh yerself mate!!!

Advertisement