Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Revision?

• 13-06-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

For the biology exam,
    would it be better do ya think to do the years of exam papers, as the same questions keep coming up?

or would it be better to go through the book chapter by chapter?

really don't know :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I wouldn't go through the book chapter by chapter. Not the best idea because the questions for the exam will be drawn from each of the 3 units so if you start on unit one and do that and only get to the end of two it seems like you've done loads but you won't have revised 1/3 of the material asked on the exam.

In the short questions there will be some from each area so probably the ones from section one will be on food or ecology. Section 2 genetics, photosynthesis, respiration, or enzymes. Section 3 it could be anything.

There will be one experiment from each of the units.

2 long questions from each. Usual ones would be ecology, genetics, photosynthesis or respiration, enzymes, excretion, blood and heart, reproduction in plants and animals, human defense and viruses

Hope that helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'd revise each chapter and go through the papers looking for questions on that chapter that I can answer. Usually works for me but I don't see why you couldn't just do everything from the papers and then revise what you can't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

just plough through 'essentials unfolded'. You could cover everything in a couple of days i reckon

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I use that essential unfolded book. I doesn't have everything you need to know but it's good for times like this when you don't have time to look over everything. You could get through a whole unit in a few hours. I plan on using it for the experiments and unit 3 on wednesday. I will be using my book for unit 2 tho cos it goes into important detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

Personally, I find Revise Wise the best... and according to our teacher, it has everything you need to know for the exam.
    At this stage you probably won't have time to do every chapter and will end up running out of time before you've gotten through it all, so I'd advise using a revision book and at the end of each chapter try the exam questions that have come up before... then you'll know if you've learnt it well enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement