Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they and how to get rid?

Options
  • 13-06-2010 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

I've a small enough garden and am trying my hardest to get it looking decent with just lawn. My whole garden is full of those 3-leafed weeds though. I don't know the name of them - but to all intents and purposes they look like shamrock...they seem to be covering the whole garden to the point where I'm not sure if I have much grass. I'm sorry I don't know the name of them, but they are very common.This might be a silly question, but are they weeds? I used weed-killer on a few stingers and those honey suckles that I have in the garden and it kills them. But I'm afraid to use weed killer on these things, as I would have to spray the whole garden I imagine...apologies if I'm not explaining myself properly, but I'm not a gardener and hope someone knows the 3 leafed things I'm talking about. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

goodmum wrote: »
    I've a small enough garden and am trying my hardest to get it looking decent with just lawn. My whole garden is full of those 3-leafed weeds though. I don't know the name of them - but to all intents and purposes they look like shamrock...they seem to be covering the whole garden to the point where I'm not sure if I have much grass. I'm sorry I don't know the name of them, but they are very common.This might be a silly question, but are they weeds? I used weed-killer on a few stingers and those honey suckles that I have in the garden and it kills them. But I'm afraid to use weed killer on these things, as I would have to spray the whole garden I imagine...apologies if I'm not explaining myself properly, but I'm not a gardener and hope someone knows the 3 leafed things I'm talking about. Thanks

It's clover.
    Does it really look that bad? I don't find it too offensive :) and it has some benefits. A carpet of green clover will look much better than a dried-out grass lawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭goodmum

Clover! How did I not realise that d'oh!!!!:rolleyes:
    It's not that it's offensive in itself - I'd just like a nice lawn with only grass and as soon as the grass grows, the clover smothers it after a week! Could I use weedkiller and still keep the grass???

Advertisement