Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland V Denmark Betting

• 13-06-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Injuries to Robben and Bendtner look like they will be keeping them out of this 1 but with a generally loose Dutch Defense and with Denamrk also with injury worries to some of their key defenders, I still think anything odds against on over 2.5 goals is decent value in this one. Plenty of attacking talent on show with the likes of Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, VP and Tomasson.

Best Value Bet

Over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 (Betfair)

Full Betting Preview

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

For the record it's not Holland. The correct term is Netherlands. Holland is part of the Netherlands.

Anyway, 1-1 looks the most likely outcome with Robben not taking part.

5 of last 6 meetings between the sides has ended in a draw.
    In 2006 Netherlands only managed 3 goals in the group stage.
    Denmark have only failed to score once in 13 world cup matches.

Done my preview when Bendtner had no injury concerns.

It's available here on Paddy Power.

Iffaley motm @ 28/1 is quite appealing.

Best of luck, really looking forward to this one having backed Netherlands (along with Portugal) outright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

In_tuition wrote: »
    For the record it's not Holland. The correct term is Netherlands. Holland is part of the Netherlands.

Best of luck, really looking forward to this one having backed Netherlands (along with Portugal) outright.

2 weeks ago?

Oh and it's 'Afellay'.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Afellay is his second name dude, Good shout too, Will have a few pound on it. I expect RVP to score a couple!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Afellay is his second name dude, Good shout too, Will have a few pound on it. I expect RVP to score a couple!

Just be sure to check the line up before hand mate, I'm not sure if they refund bets for non starters on that market (if the player comes on). Certainly good value if he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

2 weeks ago?

Oh and it's 'Afellay'.

Thanks for correcting my spelling :confused:

• Advertisement

Read the very first line in your first response in this thread.

I thought you were harshly treated on this forum in the beginning but now I see you're just a tool.

Your previews are usually way off the mark too.

Uruguay, a team that have conceeded 15 goals in their last 19 competive matches (excluding Brazil) are a "Weak defense".

You're some kidder and also a child.

Stay out of my way from now on or I'll make you look very very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

So..., er yeah.. Holland V Denmark then yeah!? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

PS, I've had a smile on my face for the last half hour

that sounds a little wrong tbf :pac:

entertaining read though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i found a very interesting bet

Poulsen is evens to get booked

why im interested in this is because the dutch have a great Cm and Poulsen will find it hard to stop that so a few tackles going in i reckon

thoughts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

just logged on for the first time today (really yesterday but anyway)
    what is this forum coming to,:o i know the world cup is pretty shiit at the moment but to be having a 2 page "bitching match" is pretty sad and its also taking up the whole tread,,
    speaking of the tread,its entitled "HOLLAND V DENMARK BETTING" incase some of ye havent noticed...
    anyway its stopped now so back to topic ehhhh??

cmon holland (or should i say netherlands), hoping for a big performance as i have them outright...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

The 2 lads on their rags have ruined this thread, Anyhow

Im taking holland -1 at 8/5, Im also doing them Ht/Ft @ 13/10
    Also doing Draw/Holland @ 3/1

Suck It.

2 questions

is robben playing ?

and

who plays RB for Denamrk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Robben is supposedly fit but they've said he will not play until they face Japan. Right back for Denmark is usually Lars Jacobsen from Blackburn Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

In_tuition wrote: »

Read the very first line in your first response in this thread.

I thought you were harshly treated on this forum in the beginning but now I see you're just a tool.

Your previews are usually way off the mark too.

Uruguay, a team that have conceeded 15 goals in their last 19 competive matches (excluding Brazil) are a "Weak defense".

You're some kidder and also a child.

Stay out of my way from now on or I'll make you look very very silly.

Maybe both of you should consider the ignore function. Both of you don't post in this thread again.

A little review I've done for elsewhere and my opinions.

I've already stated I fancy Holland big style for this tournament, They've the attacking flair to go far in this tournament in my opinion, RVP is one of the best strikers in the world, Rafa Van Der Vaart and Snjeider to provide him with ammo to score bucket loads will pay dividends and if they don't at least make the Semi's I'll be shocked. Robben may not be risked but I don't think they'll need him tomorrow anyways, They've the likes of Affelay, Elia, Babel and Kuyt who can slot in for him and are good players in their own right.

They breezed through qualifying, Albeit in an easy group but they won all eight games they had to compete in, Scoring 17 goals and only conceding the 2. Their defense seems the weakest area of their team but they're generally solid, The Keeper Stekelenburg is a very good keeper whom I rate highly from what I've seen of him. Their right back, Van Der Wiel, Who plays at Ajax (Linked with Arsenal) is a 22 year old with lots of talent, The ability to bomb forward to get involced and also strong defensively and he'll be able to nullify the thread of the Danes down the left wing. Heitinga will more than likely be in the center of defense and he's a more than capable player, good on the ball and the epitome of a ball playing center back, Although he can play in nearly every position on the pitch! I don't think they'll concede at all, The ever reliant Nigel De Jong will be patrolling the defensive areas of the midfield and he's an extremely talented player with and without the ball. On the offensive they also have the pickings of Huntelaar who's a very good striker although his career has halted somewhat since joining A.C Milan.

The Dutch aren't without a serious chance of mounting an impressive challenge to win the World Cup if they click as a group, Where so many of their squads have seemed to fail in the past. I fancy them to go one better than '74 & '78. They've got the players, They play well together, Have a good manager and hopefully will start here with a demolition job of the Danish, Who I fancy to get out of the group with them.

I do like Denmark, Great in qualifying et all but not up to the standard of the Dutch who are leagues ahead of them IMO. Bendtner won't be playing as far as I'm aware so I don't think Denmark will even manage to score a goal in this game as they proved how toothless they are without him against the no better than average, Australians. Kjaer who is their main defender is also a big doubt and even if he plays he'll not be at 100% and Van Persie will take advantage of this if he's firing on all cylinders. This is a massive chance for both these nations to stake their intent but I think the Dutch will let people know to take them seriously this time around with a victory over Denmark.

Match Facts from BBC :

Head-to-head
    - These sides have met on 28 previous occasions, but never at the World Cup.
    - The Netherlands have won 11 to Denmark's 7, and there have been 10 draws. Their last meeting was a 1-1 friendly draw in May 2008.

Netherlands
    - The Netherlands have not lost an opening match at the World Cup since 1938, when Czechoslovakia beat them 3-0.
    - Giovanni van Bronkhorst will win his 100th cap if selected.

Denmark
    - Denmark have never drawn a match against European opposition at the World Cup. Six previous encounters have ended in three wins and three defeats.
    - Morten Olsen's side have lost their last two matches, both by a 1-0 scoreline.
    - Jon Dahl Tomasson needs one goal to join Poul Nielsen as Denmark's all-time top scorer.
    • 5pts on Holland -1 @ 8/5 (Powers)
    • 2pts on Holland to win to Nil @ 11/8 (Stan James)
    • 1pt on Robin Van Persie to score 1st @ 4/1 (Stan James)
    • .5pts on Robin Van Persie to score a Hat-Trick @ 25/1 (SkyBet)
    • .5pts on Holland to win 4-0 @ 33/1 (Stan James)
    • .5pts on Holland Win and Over 12 Corners and 4-6 Cards @ 8/1 (Will Hill)
    • .5pts on Van Der Vaart Man of the Match @ 8/1 (Powers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I've backed Soren Larsen to score first at 11/1.

Scored 5 in 5 in qualifying and with Bendtner and Tomasson injured he may start. Just for a bit of value.
    This is the opening group match i've been looking forward to the most.

Do you follow Arsenal by any chance Xpyro?

Kod-box wrote: »
    Do you follow Arsenal by any chance Xpyro?

Got it in one. ;)

'Mon The Van Persie!

Not letting my bias cloud my judgement when it comes to spending my money on a bet though, Anything I type I believe. He'll set the world alight at this competition assuming he stays fit.

haha

He's a great player alright but most people i know who have him backed in different bets are Gunners.

the "assuming he stays fit" is the key though, he may well be taken off early in games they're leading or even rested for the Japan game imo.

Kod-box wrote: »
    haha

He's a great player alright but most people i know who have him backed in different bets are Gunners.

the "assuming he stays fit" is the key though, he may well be taken off early in games they're leading or even rested for the Japan game imo.

Only we can appreciate him. :p He will score lots if they don't bottle it, I don't think they'll get the opportunity to rest anyone if top spot is up in the air. He'll play all the games (If he doesn't get injured as usual!) I got him @ 40's to be top scorer over a month ago, Such a good price in comparison to what he is now, Pity I didn't put more on it. :( He'll do well tomorrow, Seriously wouldn't be surprised if he scored three, He has looked so sharp in the friendlies and he'll be back to peak fitness now plus he's not burnt out from having a long hard season as he missed most of it. Long live the Van Persie! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Got it in one. ;)

'Mon The Van Persie!

Not letting my bias cloud my judgement when it comes to spending my money on a bet though, Anything I type I believe. He'll set the world alight at this competition assuming he stays fit.
    That's very hard to do mate. I'd be leaning towards a low scoring match today so RVP at around 6/5 to score looks very scimpy to me. But the bet I like most is under 2.5 at 4/5. Only one match with over 2 goals so far in the tournament and this will be a nervy opening affair imo.

Might be having a few bob on Huntelaar for top scorer too at 140/1. Probably won't be starting but he'll get plenty of chances off the bench and I think RVP will be rested for the last group game and Huntelaar is more than capable to slot a few.
    Loving this btw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Naomh

40 bucks on The Netherlands for me anyway....

World Cup Group Matches Holland v Denmark
    14-06-2010 12:30
    To Be Booked
    C Poulsen @ 6/4

Win
    Single: C Poulsen @ 6/4
    1 line at €30.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €30.00
    Potential returns: €75.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Injuries to Robben and Bendtner look like they will be keeping them out of this 1 but with a generally loose Dutch Defense and with Denamrk also with injury worries to some of their key defenders, I still think anything odds against on over 2.5 goals is decent value in this one. Plenty of attacking talent on show with the likes of Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, VP and Tomasson.

Best Value Bet

Over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 (Betfair)

Full Betting Preview

What's the qualification needed to be considered an expert in value betting ?

Genuine question not a piss take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

RVP to score anytime as well as there to be more than 2.5 goals to follow on from my nice Uruguay/USA double at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

-Holland to win the match, 11 or more corners, Card Index: 50 points or more @ 11/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

What's the qualification needed to be considered an expert in value betting ?

Genuine question not a piss take
    http://www.nics-value-picks.com/2009/06/results.html ??

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Went for E50 Holland -1 at 6/4

and E10 RVP to score first 4-1 both with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

I reckon it'll be a tight game. 1-0 or 2-1 to The Netherlands. Kuyt to score. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone got the lineups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

25 euro Holland -1 (6/4) BET365
    30 euro Van Persie anytime scorer (1/1) BET365
    10 euro C. Poulsen to be booked (6/4)
    25 euro Holland to win (8/15)/Japan and draw (8/11) double

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Going the over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Holland: Stekelenburg, Van Der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Kuyt, Van Bommel, De Jong, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, van Persie

Subs: Vorm, Robben, Boulahrouz, Ooijer, De Zeeuw, Braafheid, Elia, Schaars, Babel, Afellay, Huntelaar, Boschker

Denmark: Sorensen, Jacobsen, Agger, Kjaer, S, Poulsen, Enevoldsen, C, Poulsen, Kahlenberg, Jorgensen, Rommedahl, Bendtner

Subs: Andersen, Kvist, Jensen, Gronkjaer, Tomasson, Kroldrup, J, Poulsen, Beckmann, Larsen, Eriksen, Mtiliga, Christiansen

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Bendtner starting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Over 2.5 Goals@ 5/4 €12.10

Denmark most Booking pts @ 4/6 €12.10

Over 55 Booking Pts @7/4 €12.10

A cheeky one that looks ridiculous odds, Denmark 10+ Corners @100/1 €1.47

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

RVP 2 or more @ 5/1
    Sneijder to score and Holland win @ 3/1
    Kuyt to score in a triple scorer @ 5/1
    Bendtner to score 1st goal for Denmark @ 9/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

RVP to score and Holland to win.

Over 2.5 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sneijder to score first @ 8.8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Went for Denmark to win @ 11/2

Agger first goal @ 25/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

The new ball is ****ing ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Clemon wrote: »
    The new ball is ****ing ****
    ya the new ball is ****ing great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Will the first goalscore bet still run now its an owngoal.. Bet made with PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

oppiuy wrote: »
    Will the first goalscore bet still run now its an owngoal.. Bet made with PP

own goals dont count,your bet is still going

Under 1.5 in play.

Edit: Fúck that prick.

HoPpiE wrote: »
    Under 1.5 in play.

hard luck mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Had small stakes on Elia to score first as a longshot. So close.

Oh well, was only a tiny wager to make the last 10 more interesting.

Though one more and my over 2.5 comes off, unlikely as it may be.

Headshot wrote: »
    World Cup Group Matches Holland v Denmark
    14-06-2010 12:30
    To Be Booked
    C Poulsen @ 6/4

Win
    Single: C Poulsen @ 6/4
    1 line at €30.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €30.00
    Potential returns: €75.00

how did Poulsen get away without a yellow