Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urologist Advise

Options
  • 13-06-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

<mod snip>

What I just need here is some answers if anyone has experience below....

1. I presume I need a referral from a GP? I cant just go straight to the urologist?
    2. Does this GP need to be my family GP? Its a small town, and would rather the privacy. Also Ive only visited her (another source of awkwardness for me) maybe twice in my life.
    3. If circumcision is the only option, is the waiting list particularly long?
    4. Is it expensive. Im on VHI Plan B, does that help? Im on it 3ish years. I presume this would come under illness present before subscription.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi

i can answer the first two questions

you need a gp referral to see the urologist

it doesnt need to be your family gp, you can attend a new one. however, it would be best if you changed all your care to that new one rather than attending two gp's and neither of them knowing about teh other

theres a sticky at the top of teh forum that discusses waiting lists and prices

lastly, i edited a bit of your post. just be really careful about taking medical advice from internet sources, as people can post up anything they want unsubstantiated.

hope all wrks out well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

sorry, the sticky i mentioned is at the top of teh mens health forum

Advertisement