Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

when are the next consoles out?

• 13-06-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

The 360 is out a while whens Microsofts next one out?
    The DS is out a while come on Nintendo!
    Same goes for the PSP.. so many new ones but same thing essentially.

I cant wait for a handheld with two joypads to make games easier. Should be like a normal controller.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

No one knows yet but for the main consoles it should be a while before the next models are out. A new DS is coming out later this year called the 3DS which gives a 3d effect whilst playing. A new PSP may be announced on tuesday when sony have their E3 conference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

No one knows when the next completely new consoles are out, not just slimmed down or upgraded versions of current gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

3DS will be announced this week. Possibly PSP2 and Wii HiFi ( HD Wii basically) as well. Don't expect the next gen of consoles to start for another 2 years. We 'might' get a teaser from one of the big three at E3 2011 but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I cant wait for a handheld with two joypads to make games easier. Should be like a normal controller.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we need it would make my life so much better cos my missus is always hoggin the telly so I can't play my xbox that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

I think sony, ms or trying to get us to adopt natal, sony move, for the next 2 years ,its not like the graphics on the present console are lacking and the world economy is in recession.I Think the 360 has 3 years life left in it .
    the ipad is the hot product in terms of mobile gaming.Apple shows make it easy to install apps and people will buy em.Have billing, software ,updates, apps built in to the os.
    i think it would be possible for sony to build an ipad clone that runs ps2 software ,if they want to ,ie ps2 digital downloads to a handheld device.
    Note if company x is bringing out a handheld console ,put in 2 small analog sticks on it.
    pdbhp ,you could buy a cheap pc monitor 19inch for playing xbox games ,and a vga xbox cable. there should a usb interface on all future handhelds so you can buy a mini controller with 2 analog sticks ,if you want one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

ricman wrote: »
    I think sony, ms or trying to get us to adopt natal, sony move, for the next 2 years ,its not like the graphics on the present console are lacking and the world economy is in recession.I Think the 360 has 3 years life left in it .
    the ipad is the hot product in terms of mobile gaming.Apple shows make it easy to install apps and people will buy em.Have billing, software ,updates, apps built in to the os.
    i think it would be possible for sony to build an ipad clone that runs ps2 software ,if they want to ,ie ps2 digital downloads to a handheld device.
    Note if company x is bringing out a handheld console ,put in 2 small analog sticks on it.
    pdbhp ,you could buy a cheap pc monitor 19inch for playing xbox games ,and a vga xbox cable.
    or have an usb interface on all handhelds so you can buy a mini controller with 2 analog sticks ,if you want one

good plan on the mini controller ill give that a bash.
    Already have a 20 inch LCD Dell monitor but I've a 42 inch LCH HD tv and I want to use that 1 cos its got all the surround sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

The 360 is out a while whens Microsofts next one out?
    The DS is out a while come on Nintendo!
    Same goes for the PSP.. so many new ones but same thing essentially.

I cant wait for a handheld with two joypads to make games easier. Should be like a normal controller.

hope this link helps .new xbox 360
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360-250GB/default.htm?uid=115520999&tid=1019

Advertisement