Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting up early........

• 13-06-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Anyone got up/planning to get up early for an exam??
    I personally haven't but probably will get up at about 5 for Irish 2 as I can sleep after the exam as I'm off on wednesday!! I would get up tomorrow if it wasn't such a long day with the tape at the end!:mad:
    I've been talking to people who got up at like 3:eek: on thursday for English 2 which we didn't have until that afternoon, which is a bit much imo!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Ill be getting up at 6 on wednesday for french and history. Thats not very early though. Seriously freaking out about wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Fete wrote: »
    Ill be getting up at 6 on wednesday for french and history. Thats not very early though. Seriously freaking out about wednesday.

Snap my friend.
    Mega snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Soooo happy I got up early on friday.Everything I studyed came up:Dcouldn't believe my luck!!!up at 7 tomorroow and tuesday but that'll be the earliest I'll be getting up for something to do with education,wel for a very very long time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Much the same for me gant0. Got up at 7 on Friday, which is early for me. Studied Geography like a motherfúcker and did quite well. It really helps. Wouldn't recommend it every day though. Sleep is important too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

i was planning and leaving irish 1 after like an hour and a half, as irish ordinary is unbelievably short!! but now if i do leave, all i can do is sit around and wait for the tape... so pissed about that, but ill probably study for paper 2 in the meantime, or else wait for my friends and go to the shop...!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

will be def up early on tuesday morn for irish paper... a do !!
    id say around5am.. !:(stresssssed...!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I havnt really studied all weekend so getting up early all week to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Getting up early does have its advantages alright. I'm planning on getting up around 6 tomorrow to go through some maths. Nothing major really, more or less getting my mind in the mood for maths. Probably sounds pathetic but who knows something you look at that morning might be still fresh in your mind if it comes up. Chances are though i'll just stay in bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

Got up at 4 on friday morning :( ..Nearly fell asleep during maths!!
    It does work for me though as it's all fresh in my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Getting up at 6 tomorrow, for both Maths and Irish. I've lost time now watching ze Germans and Aussies, so has to be done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Got up at 6 for English 2.

Was worth it as I needed to cram some stuff badly!!!!

But I didn't remember much of the detail of what i studied :pac: , but still worth or i would have been screwed!

Wouldn't do it two days in a row though.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Getting up at 6 to do more history... Doing maths tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

dodgystuff wrote: »
    Snap my friend.
    Mega snap.

Mega mega mega snap :( (and I don't even do French! But still.)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

getting up at 7 tomorrow to do maths...not that early but i just got to do my option q! last year for bio and physics i stayed up til 3the night before and got up at 5am to study... 2hours sleep and tons of coffee made me super crazy and paranoid, but it was defo worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I prefer working late and thennn getting up just in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

Yep, getting up early tomorrow so I can go over maths paper 2 and have it really fresh in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Whatever you do get at least 8 hours sleep. No matter how much you cram the night before or the morning of the exam, without enough sleep nothing will stick.

Oh and any subjects like English or Geog or History where long essays are required, eat a big breakfast about two hours before the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

getting up at 7 tomorrow to do maths...not that early but i just got to do my option q! last year for bio and physics i stayed up til 3the night before and got up at 5am to study... 2hours sleep and tons of coffee made me super crazy and paranoid, but it was defo worth it!
    Doubt it was all THAT worth it.Considering you are repeating:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

Burswood wrote: »
    Whatever you do get at least 8 hours sleep. No matter how much you cram the night before or the morning of the exam, without enough sleep nothing will stick.

Oh and any subjects like English or Geog or History where long essays are required, eat a big breakfast about two hours before the exam.

Haha I don't even manage to get 8 hours sleep on a normal school day not to mention during exam time!
    It is good advice though... but i got 4 hours sleep on friday and i did well in Geog because of that cramming. Oh and I usually get really stressed out and panic during maths exams, but since i was tired, i was so relaxed and did much better than usual :p

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Not yet I haven't but I plan to get up at 6 the next 3 mornings. A price to pay for doing sweet f.a over the weekend!

Thank you world cup! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

gant0 wrote: »
    Doubt it was all THAT worth it.Considering you are repeating:rolleyes:
    Well I actually got really great grades in bio and physics, twas my Spanish that let me down!
    And, FYI I'm only repeating because I changed my mind about what I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Fete wrote: »

I'm so scared for history and french on the same day. I couldn't believe it when i saw it on the timetable. I'm really hoping for a high grade in French and under pressure for history. That subject turns me into a wreck, the course is so huge and I feel so unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'll be getting up so early on thursday for biology though. With the two subjects on wednesday it won't be pleasant. Won't be home till about half six and I'm looking for a lot of points for biology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Burswood wrote: »
    Whatever you do get at least 8 hours sleep.

Haven't gotten 8 hours sleep in years!

Plan on going for a nap now until ten, watch big brother (I knowwww) and then study for Irish and Business until about 6am. Get up at 8.45 in time for the exam. Should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Up since 4.30 with Stair na Gaeilge, filíocht ardleibhéal and my little madra for company :)

After long days like yesterday I find i'm pretty useless that night, for me an early night and early morning work a lot better than forcing myself to stay awake half the night rading over notes when nothing sticks.

Each to their own, I know people who don't start studying 'til about 4pm in the run up to exams and keep going half the night Me, I like to start early and finish early, give myself the evening off. A couple of years in college has me well practiced in the art of cramming on the morning of an exam too :P

Each to their own I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Up since half 6 myself. Knackered so I am. Hopefully pick up a couple of marks today for OL Irish Paper 2. Then back to bed. I'll be home by half 10:/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm usually up at 7 anyway on a typical school day. I don't like studying in the morning because you have less time to study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

My body has just decided to wake me up at 6am each day since last week. Its weird but lethal!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Got up at half six today for Irish II. Earliest I've been up in years. But it was also the first bit of study I did for Irish since the pre so it was necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Got up at 5 this morning for Irish II aswell :eek: never tried getting up really early to cram for an exam before, now that it worked today I'm scared I'll probably make a habit of it and leave it to the very last minute for every exam for the next few years :rolleyes:

Advertisement